Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I dunno.

If climbers rely on this cordage to keep from falling off of mountains, I don't think I'd be shy to use them to keep from falling 20 inches.

900# is somewhat impressive, but I'd be looking for 1200# just to make sure. Weight and bulk would be issues, but I can already see where that bottom thingy would work if the loop was longer to run through a channel end hammock as has been mentioned before, and it certainly would be fine as is in a tarp application if you want to use straps instead of Zing It to protect the tree.
    Right Sarg. On a windy day or night a tarp with a thin cord wrapped around a tree could do a lot of damage. I think the 3mm - 375 lb strength would be fine for a tarp or for hanging some lighter gear with.
    Keep in mind that 3mm cord sells for .30 a foot while Amsteel sells for around .10 a foot. So you have to ask yourself. "In the long run, which is the better product here?"

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Right Sarg. On a windy day or night a tarp with a thin cord wrapped around a tree could do a lot of damage. I think the 3mm - 375 lb strength would be fine for a tarp or for hanging some lighter gear with.
    Keep in mind that 3mm cord sells for .30 a foot while Amsteel sells for around .10 a foot. So you have to ask yourself. "In the long run, which is the better product here?"
    What I was looking at was the small loop with the cinch buckle in it. Larks head that thing into the D ring on the end of a tarp and use light tree straps instead of wrapping the cord around the tree. Might make set up a bit quicker, and is certainly better for the tree.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Seems to me that if you made the loop a bit bigger on the buckle it could be double wrapped to keep centered. If you made it a bit longer still it would larks head over any channel or whipped hammock for somebody that wanted to play with strap and buckle suspensions without rebuilding their hammock or for testing a DIY. ;-)
    Yes, I was recently PM by (GMCTTR) with the same advice. And I advise the same.
    To wrap the cord several times around the buckle frame in a prusik loop like manner to take up the space on both sides.
    As far as the length. I can make them any size.
    And I am also thinking of offering the cinch buckle with loop attached as a single unit. In that case the cord will be attached to the buckle in a manner in which it will not slip.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    What I was looking at was the small loop with the cinch buckle in it. Larks head that thing into the D ring on the end of a tarp and use light tree straps instead of wrapping the cord around the tree. Might make set up a bit quicker, and is certainly better for the tree.
    Perfect Idea!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I like the idea of the cinch buckles with the loop already attached. Have you tested it yet or did I miss it ?
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images
    yeah, but noone's climbing with 3mm cord, and I'm not buying 1/2" dogbones...

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I like the idea of the cinch buckles with the loop already attached. Have you tested it yet or did I miss it ?
    I belive those are the ones tested at 900#. 3mm IIRC

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    Went to your site to view these products' details. Are they listed there? I want to convert a ENO DN using that spiffy locking D-Ring thingy we spoke about above. My daughter would like it better than Whoopie type slings and Huggers.

Maybe...just maybe.... she would spend more precious time hanging with ol' Dad again with them. Kids this days..

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by whoofit View Post
    Went to your site to view these products' details. Are they listed there? I want to convert a ENO DN using that spiffy locking D-Ring thingy we spoke about above. My daughter would like it better than Whoopie type slings and Huggers.

Maybe...just maybe.... she would spend more precious time hanging with ol' Dad again with them. Kids this days..
    Yo, Woot!
    Slowly getting them added. Go to the homepage and then "Specialty Strap, Rope & Cord Products." http://www.readystrap.com/rst_025.htm

If you have a certain design in mind just e-mail it and I'll e-mail back a price and shipping date.

P.S. In case you e-mail today. I'm on my way out for a hike, will be back in this evening.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    yeah, but noone's climbing with 3mm cord, and I'm not buying 1/2" dogbones...
    Right, these are 3mm to 6mm nylon accessory cords. Most commonly used by climbers to tie and hang stuff. The 3mm has a breaking strength of 375lbs single strand. But I just pulled a stitched continuous loop to 900 lbs before it broke. The 6mm has a breaking strength of 1800 lbs single strand.
    And also: They are not 1/2" dog bones. They're 1" wide 1500lb polyester webbing. I have proof tested them to 500 lbs. Meaning, I pulled them to 500 pounds with no registered damage on the computer software or by visual inspection.
    Also: My stitched cords are not only for hammock users. They can be used for a million things. The only limits are your imagination. I actually got the idea from the aviation industry. Specifically float planes.

And besides. Your comment is = to someone going to WalMart, walking up to the register, laying something down and saying. "I'm not going to buy this because I don't like it."
    Last edited by GT; 07-21-2013 at 11:12.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12