Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by D Ring View Post
    Is the price on the site for one or two?
    Donna here...The prices listed on our website are for 1 Grizz Beak (encloses one end of the tarp)...with the exception...we have a 2-for price for the Silnylon Grizz Beaks.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Quote Originally Posted by 4 dog knight View Post
    Great product and a great photo shoot! So are the "doors" shock corded at the end/base so you could just spread them apart and walk thru them? I did that on my syl tarp and it works well. It does take enough free length of shock cord to enough flex. Taking it around the end stake and then down the side to the next stake adds some material weight, but far more stretch to the cord. Another short connection might be good for real stormy weather?
    Also, are you using some kind of button or stiff tubing cross bar to make disconnecting quick and easy? Sometimes when you wait too long...you need to get out fast!

Sorry been very busy, and I totally missed your post, my apologies....

So to answer your question, No...

What I did was at the corner of the CGB (cuben grizz beak) that attaches to the corner of the tarp (at the tarps tie out) I used some thin shock cord (1/16") and put a Dutch Hook on it (the shock cord was tied in a loop), then I used some line with adjustment via prussic's on the beak tie out's.

What I normally do is close off one end of the tarp using the CGB (usually the head end, so I can store my pack and all my gear there and be in easy arms reach from the hammock), then on the foot end I was able to close one half of the beak and leave the other half open (or partially open) what this enabled was for me to enter and exit with ease, offered a superior amount of weather protection (not completely shut off, but darn close), and allowed some manner of ventilation (I sleep very warm, almost hot so the more ventilation the better for me). Just make sure to open the proper side, don't want it to become a wind sail or have wind blown rain blown in when it should have been blocked.

At the ridgeline I used a small loop of cord with a Dutch Hook for the attachment. Again weight was a factor, and I could surely use a stick to act as a toggle.

See the pictures from my OP for a better view just click on them and it should open up in a different window or tab for easier/better viewing.

One could surely use any manner of securing the CGB, such as what SwinginIt has done, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, in fact SwinginIt's way may very well be better than mine. It's all a personal choice, and the best part is getting it set up to meet your needs. Mine was rigged in the manner it was to get it as light and fully functional as I could (different lines from different manufacturers and all that). You could very well put shockcord on the beak tie outs for easy entry and exit if you wish. The beaks don't come with lines, it's a set it up as you wish/want kinda deal, just like tarp. Again thats the beauty of everyone being able to set it up as they see fit, someone may come up with a better way that works better for them.

Hope this helps a bit, and again I am sorry for missing your question/post.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Thanks Yoda for taking the time to respond to his questions! No apologies needed!
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

We are new to hammocks and I am very new. I have found I am not fond of the rain fly that came with my HH. I feel exposed. Weight is not a big deal so I think the Cuben would not be right for me. Can you make suggestions. Cheep. Comfortable. easy and if possible keep me dry and warm.. that is all oh I am Marianne. We live in South Carolina. We have 2 boys one Eagle ( at 12 years) the other is short his project) We camp a fair amount . Thank you for your help
    Last edited by Marianne; 01-25-2015 at 23:11. Reason: missed a few words

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    We are new to hammocks and I am very new. I have found I am not fond of the rain fly that came with my HH. I feel exposed. Weight is not a big deal so I think the Cuben would not be right for me. Can you make suggestions. Cheep. Comfortable. easy and if possible keep me dry and warm.. that is all oh I am Marianne. We live in South Carolina. We have 2 boys one Eagle ( at 12 years) the other is short his project) We camp a fair amount . Thank you for your help
    Marianne...hopefully you will receive a lot of suggestions/advice here...you might want to start a new thread under the forum "weather protection". Also...did you receive my e-mail yesterday? If so...feel free to call tomorrow at your convenience. Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    Just ordered one...Hooah! Thanks much for sizing them to the HG...also fits my GTwinn Spinn. Gnut
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12