Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Must Be Spring

  1. #1
    Rockdawg69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Central TN, Southeast GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Posts
    1,121

    Must Be Spring

    Looks like spring has sprung. Has anyone else noticed that the number of users on HF has suddenly increased over last few days? Coming out from under the covers I'm guessing. Hey its already 80* here at the south GA ranch. Almost too hot to enjoy the spring - must be that gobal thing going on.
    Rockdawg69

    Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Ks
    Posts
    657
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Looks like spring has sprung. Has anyone else noticed that the number of users on HF has suddenly increased over last few days? Coming out from under the covers I'm guessing. Hey its already 80* here at the south GA ranch. Almost too hot to enjoy the spring - must be that gobal thing going on.
    What do you mean when you say "that gobal thing?"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    <sigh>
    Sad to see winter passing again. Now I have to store away all my wonderful heavy down quilts. I can't help myself, I just love the challenges that winter camping brings to the table. That, and I hate sweating.

    But, spring has indeed sprung. Soon the woods will be alive with colors and all the baby critters will be out learning the ways of the forest. The creeks and streams will be flowing and providing such wonderful background music for sleeping. Sunrise will be accompanied by the songs of our feathered friends and sunset by the chirping of crickets. I guess it won't be so bad after all.
    Trust nobody!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Ks
    Posts
    657
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    <sigh>
    Sad to see winter passing again. Now I have to store away all my wonderful heavy down quilts. I can't help myself, I just love the challenges that winter camping brings to the table. That, and I hate sweating.

    But, spring has indeed sprung. Soon the woods will be alive with colors and all the baby critters will be out learning the ways of the forest. The creeks and streams will be flowing and providing such wonderful background music for sleeping. Sunrise will be accompanied by the songs of our feathered friends and sunset by the chirping of crickets. I guess it won't be so bad after all.
    It's a beautiful thing! Sometimes it is hard to remember what all those little animals sound like...your description totally brought back that wonderful soundscape that the crickets and toads provide. Not to mention the locusts at night!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,354
    calling for freezing rain here in the next day or so...rather have snow
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

    Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Perkolady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NE GA
    Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Posts
    1,178
    Images
    29
    Last week, snow and ice. This week, spring peepers !

  7. #7
    canoebie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Super Ogee
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings, dc
    Posts
    2,697
    Twelve degrees here tonight. Last night I heard peepers. Little buggers are gonna be cold tonight. At least it quit raining. We had 7+ inches of rain since Friday. Ground water levels are higher than they have been since the big Mississippi flood in the 80's. Gonna be lots of Mossies, and I can't wait to start on those spring Crappies. Clear and cold this weekend, definite hang time.
    Revolution is about the need to re-evolve political, economic and social justice and power back into the hands of the people, preferably through legislation and policies that make human sense. That's what revolution is about. Revolution is not about shootouts.

    Bobby Seale


    http://www.riverjourneys.org

  8. #8
    New Member Lost Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Green Mountains
    Hammock
    Explorer Ultralite A-SYM
    Insulation
    Supershelter
    Posts
    2
    Yeah - spring feels far off here in VT. But the fact that it is actually right around the corner has me itchin' to get hangin in the woods.

  9. #9
    Rockdawg69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Central TN, Southeast GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl &amp; TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    What do you mean when you say "that gobal thing?"
    Variously known as "climate change", "global warming", etc.

    Our south GA winter almost didn't exist, except for a couple of cold spells in the 20's. Hot at Christmas, warmer than normal in Feb most of the month and now in the 80's. Spring seems to be coming earlier than when I was much younger.

    I think I missed the Crappie schooling already.
    Rockdawg69

    Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Ks
    Posts
    657
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Our south GA winter almost didn't exist, except for a couple of cold spells in the 20's. Hot at Christmas, warmer than normal in Feb most of the month and now in the 80's. Spring seems to be coming earlier than when I was much younger.
    I am confused......Is this a complaint? I am ready for Spring...bring it!

Similar Threads

  1. Spring cleaning
    By AmericasHammock in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 22:19
  2. MI>?????>Spring Hang>TBD
    By Stone in forum Midwest
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 20:56

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •