WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz

Must Be Spring

Looks like spring has sprung. Has anyone else noticed that the number of users on HF has suddenly increased over last few days? Coming out from under the covers I'm guessing. Hey its already 80* here at the south GA ranch. Almost too hot to enjoy the spring - must be that gobal thing going on.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Looks like spring has sprung. Has anyone else noticed that the number of users on HF has suddenly increased over last few days? Coming out from under the covers I'm guessing. Hey its already 80* here at the south GA ranch. Almost too hot to enjoy the spring - must be that gobal thing going on.
    What do you mean when you say "that gobal thing?"

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    <sigh>
    Sad to see winter passing again. Now I have to store away all my wonderful heavy down quilts. I can't help myself, I just love the challenges that winter camping brings to the table. That, and I hate sweating.

But, spring has indeed sprung. Soon the woods will be alive with colors and all the baby critters will be out learning the ways of the forest. The creeks and streams will be flowing and providing such wonderful background music for sleeping. Sunrise will be accompanied by the songs of our feathered friends and sunset by the chirping of crickets. I guess it won't be so bad after all.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    <sigh>
    Sad to see winter passing again. Now I have to store away all my wonderful heavy down quilts. I can't help myself, I just love the challenges that winter camping brings to the table. That, and I hate sweating.

But, spring has indeed sprung. Soon the woods will be alive with colors and all the baby critters will be out learning the ways of the forest. The creeks and streams will be flowing and providing such wonderful background music for sleeping. Sunrise will be accompanied by the songs of our feathered friends and sunset by the chirping of crickets. I guess it won't be so bad after all.
    It's a beautiful thing! Sometimes it is hard to remember what all those little animals sound like...your description totally brought back that wonderful soundscape that the crickets and toads provide. Not to mention the locusts at night!

calling for freezing rain here in the next day or so...rather have snow
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Last week, snow and ice. This week, spring peepers !

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Twelve degrees here tonight. Last night I heard peepers. Little buggers are gonna be cold tonight. At least it quit raining. We had 7+ inches of rain since Friday. Ground water levels are higher than they have been since the big Mississippi flood in the 80's. Gonna be lots of Mossies, and I can't wait to start on those spring Crappies. Clear and cold this weekend, definite hang time.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Explorer Ultralite A-SYM
    Insulation
    Supershelter
    Yeah - spring feels far off here in VT. But the fact that it is actually right around the corner has me itchin' to get hangin in the woods.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    What do you mean when you say "that gobal thing?"
    Variously known as "climate change", "global warming", etc.

Our south GA winter almost didn't exist, except for a couple of cold spells in the 20's. Hot at Christmas, warmer than normal in Feb most of the month and now in the 80's. Spring seems to be coming earlier than when I was much younger.

I think I missed the Crappie schooling already.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Our south GA winter almost didn't exist, except for a couple of cold spells in the 20's. Hot at Christmas, warmer than normal in Feb most of the month and now in the 80's. Spring seems to be coming earlier than when I was much younger.
    I am confused......Is this a complaint? I am ready for Spring...bring it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast