The hang will be in Central Newfoundland, mid to late August. Details to follow but it will be kid friendly.
Post suggestions for locations, activities, and interest here. I will add details to this post as time marches on.
- Likely around the Lewisporte/Gander area (Central Newfoundland)
- Precise location TBA
- Hang the hammocks
- Pitch the tents - gasp!
- Make fun of those in tents
- Build fire(s)
- Show and tell / sell /trade - gear, suspension, hammocks, quilts, etc...
- Keep kids entertained - need help on this one - I will have 2, possibly 3 kids under 10, and likely a dog
- Others - please contribute - these are my initial thoughts only and not set in stone
- Group buy on a few things like Amsteel, dutch hardware, others?? Distribute group buy stuff...
- Quick splicing workshop
- Nature hike - with mid hike trail hang and lunch
- Swimming - location dependent
- Movie night for the kids - location dependent I can get a projector if there is power or someone brings a generator