ENO Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Pod
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by YorickMori View Post
    does that include making yourself look like a fool for free loot?
    Hang on, there's factors here. Is said loot GOOD loot? 'Cause I'll stab my pride in the face with an egg roll for some good loot!
    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views. - The Fourth Doctor

Hammock
    ENO Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Pod
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Also, what's the deadline for reserving space? It's likely going to be a week or so before I can get my back-to-work time figured out.
    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views. - The Fourth Doctor

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer
    Tarp
    Underground Hanger
    Insulation
    MARPAT DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Straps and dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
    Hang on, there's factors here. Is said loot GOOD loot? 'Cause I'll stab my pride in the face with an egg roll for some good loot!
    whats wrong with egg rolls? i think i would stab myself in the face with an egg roll as long as its a good egg roll.....

why would the loot be bad?

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    <shakes head while grazing on eggroll>
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

I literally have an egg roll in my house right now since we decided to stay in and order Chinese food. But I'm not sure I want to sacrifice it, or my eye, for some questionable loot.

Pony up on the loot info.

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer
    Tarp
    Underground Hanger
    Insulation
    MARPAT DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Straps and dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-grrl View Post
    I literally have an egg roll in my house right now since we decided to stay in and order Chinese food. But I'm not sure I want to sacrifice it, or my eye, for some questionable loot.

i dont have any loot, i was just asking for purposes of finding out at what level dignity can be sold. seems its at egg rolls right now

Quote Originally Posted by YorickMori View Post
    i dont have any loot, i was just asking for purposes of finding out at what level dignity can be sold. seems its at egg rolls right now
    That's a pretty low bar that has been set.

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer
    Tarp
    Underground Hanger
    Insulation
    MARPAT DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Straps and dutch
    That's a pretty low bar that has been set.
    then no one will be disappointed at the loot being jack in the box egg rolls

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I'm looking forward to this. Thank you for organizing it!
    I'm glad you can join us. As for organizing it, that's a relative term. If you lower your expectations the odds of them being met will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyz View Post
    If you build it..... they will come!
    That seems to be the pattern.

What started with a handful of folks getting together in the trees during the first few months of 2009, expanded to a group hang in the fall of that year with a couple of dozen folks who had a great time. In 2010, the numbers doubled and continued to grow 2011 & 2012. Last year we had somewhere around 70 folks there. At the time of this post, still 8 weeks out, we have nearly 70 signed up on our planning spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
    I'm having shoulder surgery this coming week and although I assume I'll be recovered enough by then to pack up and come hang out, I don't think I can commit yet. But I've got it marked on my calendar, and I should know more toward the start of October. Thanks for planning this Mike.

edit: Also did the join deal on facebook, maybe that will help me remember
    Sorry to hear about the slicing and dicing. I hope the healing goes quickly and as comfortably as possible. I look forward to hanging with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
    Oh! Can I put myself in as a maybe? This is going down right around the time I go back to work... so I may or may not be working. Is there a cap on how many people can sign up? I don't want to put myself down if I can't end up going and take up a place someone else could have.

Also, what's the deadline for reserving space? It's likely going to be a week or so before I can get my back-to-work time figured out.
    Absolutely put yourself in as a "maybe". I hope you can make it but sometimes plans just change.

As far as a deadline goes, I'd say you need to be sure by 11/10, otherwise we'll all be gone. Sooner certainly is better if you plan to reserve a site or make arrangements with someone with a reservation to share their site.

Fairfield Lake State Park has 35 sites in the water only area where we are camping. In addition there are 96 sites with full hook ups, 8 overflow sites, and 50 primitive hike in spots. There will be somewhere one could go even if all the sites in our little loop are booked.

The park actually closes the water only section from Thanksgiving until the second weekend in February. One of the main reasons is to save on upkeep of underutilized, low demand areas. We are going to be there at an off peak time. Historically, there have been at least a dozen to 20 vacant sites in our area and only a few folks there that are not part of our group.

As of this post, there are still 19 sites available to reserve in the Springfield area and over 90 in the full hook up areas.

Re: Egg Rolls - sounds like a great item for you to bring to share.

Re: Loot - over the years I have been sent unsolicited items from some of the HF vendors to be used as give away items in a Saturday night drawing we have. (Nothing to report or tease on that end at this time) In addition, many of us have offered up items of gear or interest that really added to the Saturday night festivities. There is no charge to enter the drawing and we all have fun with it. In addition, some folks have brought things and simply given them away seperate and apart from the drawing.

Others have brought outdoor gear to sell or trade and sometimes give away.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: TX&gt;Fairfield Lake State Park&gt;November 8-10, 2013 - 2013 Texas Fall Group Hang ver

What about a pay it forward area... Tent, tarp, designated area of some sort... Where we would have some small items suspensions, carabiners, and doodads that we have all acquired during the "try buy learn" phase of our growing around here...

What is left gets put in the drawing Saturday night, or picked up by whoever left it at the end of Saturday... Anything left over on Sunday can be sold on HF...

You leave something, you take something, and we all get to swap out some toys for some other toys...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast