WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    I promised I would check in on this as it got closer, and well, it's closer. Looks like my shoulder has sufficiently healed to let me hang and all signs point to me making it this weekend. Mike, I'll shoot you a PM on site location/reservation and all that, rather than digging through several pages of threads and making assumptions.

P.S. I just stumbled upon about the "50 posts per page" option under the User Options in the User CP. This is glorious. You've gotta try it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    OG, if you want me to pick up some extra coffee for you, they sell that snazzy looking stuff in the Kroger right next to my house and I can pick you up a few cans.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
    I promised I would check in on this as it got closer, and well, it's closer. Looks like my shoulder has sufficiently healed to let me hang and all signs point to me making it this weekend.

P.S. I just stumbled upon about the "50 posts per page" option under the User Options in the User CP. This is glorious. You've gotta try it.
    That's great you can make it!

I've been on that "50/page" so long, I forgot it was an option. It's a real help.

Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
    Mike, I'll shoot you a PM on site location/reservation and all that, rather than digging through several pages of threads and making assumptions.
    I won't have time for a long response until late tonight. Take a quick look back through the thread and I bet your questions can be answered. Scroll backwards to get the most recent stuff first. I bet posts 203 and 240 may cover most questions.

Still got ???? shoot me another message and I'll get with you late tonight.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9x9
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am getting stoked about this weekend....Just returned from a glorious Father/Daughter campout and 2 day hang near Marble Falls...Lots of dad's were curious and marveling at my hanging rig. They were even more surprised to learn I slept warm down to 45 degree temperatures.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    If anyone had a site that they reserved and are no longer going to use, let me know and I'll pick it up. Should save you a cancellation fee, I think.

Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH
    Tarp
    SuperFly, Hard Roc
    I just canceled my reservation at the Park. I will not be able to make it. I hadn't read any post before I canceled so it should now have at least one open site now.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    How do late arrivals Friday Night work at Fairfield?

The other couple that just got hammocks wants to attend (I previously increased my count to 4 to accommodate for them) just found out that she has to work Friday and will leave San Antonio around 6:00 pm so that puts them there around 10pm-11pm

I plan on getting there as soon as possible Friday morning my goal is to leave San Antonio around 4am since I don't have hammock stands and I'm not bringing a tent...

I'm planning on taking the other hammocks, etc and setting them up for them so then they roll in they can sleep and not bother people setting up. There is a possibility they can arrive around 5pm if she can switch her schedule with another person.

I've reserved a site with the Park already.

I'm getting excited. I'm fairly new to hanging and want to learn and since I'm a visual learner I'm looking forward to seeing all the different setups... hey you start somewhere right?
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2000tx View Post
    How do late arrivals Friday Night work at Fairfield?

I plan on getting there as soon as possible Friday morning my goal is to leave San Antonio around 4am since I don't have hammock stands and I'm not bringing a tent...

I'm planning on taking the other hammocks, etc and setting them up for them so then they roll in they can sleep and not bother people setting up. There is a possibility they can arrive around 5pm if she can switch her schedule with another person.

I'm getting excited. I'm fairly new to hanging and want to learn and since I'm a visual learner I'm looking forward to seeing all the different setups... hey you start somewhere right?
    Glad you're coming!

Late arrivals typically head into the campsites and sort things out with the park folks the next morning.

Your plan to set up on advance so a late arrival can get in and hit the sack is an excellent plan. Be sure to remember insulation for the bottom, temps will be in the 40's at night.

When you get in and set up camp, call or text the folks joining you later so they know where to find you.

Another plan would be to have the license plate and model of their vehicle and you check them in when you arrive or sometime before the close of business so they won't have to do it early the next morning.

We can help you out if you have questions while you are out there.

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Glad you're coming!

Late arrivals typically head into the campsites and sort things out with the park folks the next morning.

Your plan to set up on advance so a late arrival can get in and hit the sack is an excellent plan. Be sure to remember insulation for the bottom, temps will be in the 40's at night.

When you get in and set up camp, call or text the folks joining you later so they know where to find you.

Another plan would be to have the license plate and model of their vehicle and you check them in when you arrive or sometime before the close of business so they won't have to do it early the next morning.

We can help you out if you have questions while you are out there.
    Great advice on the car info. We will be bringing their CCF pads, Tarps and Hammocks with us so it's ready for them when they get here.

What is the earliest we can setup?

Checking my State Park reservation paperwork it says check-in is at 2pm. That seems rather late in the day.
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2000tx View Post
    What is the earliest we can setup?

Checking my State Park reservation paperwork it says check-in is at 2pm. That seems rather late in the day.
    That's best answered by calling the park I'd bet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast