WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

TRX door anchors

I recently got a hold of a TRX suspension training system. This comes with "door anchors" to be mounted in a door, and then you have two straps hanging from it with which you work out with your body weight. The anchors are made from a short piece of webbing, which holds what seems to be an aluminium tube with aluminium plates, wrapped in a softer material to avoid damaging any surface, all packaged in a little pillow: http://www.trxtraining.com/products/trx-door-anchor--2

As luck would have it, I for reasons I won't go into details of here (ehrm, stupidity...) happened to get two of them. Instead of working out, my mind instantly wandered you-know-where. I'm looking for doors that are well spaced now to try it out, but I thought I should share the principle for all those of you who sleep in your hammocks indoors!

As long as the door holds, this should hold. It's seemingly pretty sturdy webbing. And make your own out of some scrap metal and webbing you can trust, for pennies.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Pretty cool but don't most doors open inward in bedrooms? Granted some doors are pretty sturdy but I would be worried about the forces of the hammock prying that door open just enough for that anchor to slip by...If the door you are attaching to opens outward then the molding on the inside of the casing will add much more support to the door itself vs the other way around where only the door latch is providing support. If I ever took my chances with this as a hammock suspension point, then I would make sure that the door is made out of solid wood first and that the door opened outward or it had a pretty beefy latching system. Just my 0.2¢.

• + New Posts