Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by STinGa View Post
    Bruciehi5,

Thanks for sharing your trip. I always enjoy your sense of humor and the scenery that you bring to the forum.

STinGa
    Thanks, STinGa, it’s good to hear from you! The videos are my way of trying to contribute something back to the Hammock Forums. I’ve gotten lots of good info from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Another most excellent adventure BH5! Your treks and commentary never disappoint!
    Hi there Hawk-eye! I hope you’re well, and you’re getting away from work and enjoying some hammock time – the Linville Gorge is calling you. Thanks for watching another one of my videos, I kind of make them for you. MedicineMan says thanks for the mnemonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy View Post
    Well Bruce - I survived and without self-medicating. Looks like you got some decent weather for the walk.
    They breed’em tuff down in Tassie! Thanks for watching and for letting me know you survived – you deserve a trophy or something. Yes, very lucky with the weather, it’s been a fairly wet winter here.

Quote Originally Posted by HammockDreamer View Post
    Cheers Bruciehi5, oddly compelling

I like your setup with the edge tarp.
    The Mt Barney area is oddly compelling. It’s hard to resist going back for more. The one thing that I would like to see added to the Edge tarp is the side pull outs, like the Superfly has. I just ordered some Dutch detachable pull outs.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    BH5 (thanks Hawk-Eye for the mnemonic), looking forward to seeing this when I'm unbound. always look forward to your creative genius.
    Thanks MedicineMan for thanking Hawk-Eye for the mnemonic. I could do with some help in that department, it looks interesting. “Unbound,” meaning that you’re stuck in your cage at the moment. I can send you a special cake with a “you know what” inside. Creative genius... you must have the wrong BH5. An easy mistake to make, there are so many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing Bruce. Timely use of the Lone Ranger music.
    You’re welcome, Trail Runner! YouTube won’t let me play the Indiana Jones sound track, so the Lone Ranger it was. It kind of did the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    Your vids are always entertaining Bruciehi5....

There's also a back door ascent to the summit of Mt Maroon....following a creek upstream, not to far from where you were hanging at Paddy's Plain campsite.

Any hitchhiking ticks around ?
    Hello there ofuros! About 2 months ago, I visited that area for the first time, with the plan of doing the upstream hike you’re talking about, but it didn’t work out. I did meet two people who have spent a lot of time in that area, so I milked them for every bit of local knowing they knew. I’ll be back!

There was one tick and it got me on the side of the neck, it’s dead now. It was surprisingly not too buggy bad out there.

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Fine report again, Brucie. I appreciate your nice clear audio. I know you explained your method somewhere once before, but are you using a wireless lavalier mic or recording separately with post-sync? Whichever it is, keep it up. Your ruminations are most entertaining.
    Hi there WV, it’s good to hear from you. I saw you in MedicineMan’s video, about a week ago! All I use is a voice recorder with a lavalier mic plugged into it. The mic is attached to my shirt and the recorder lives in my pocket. It’s a bit of a fiddley process syncing the audio and video, but with the GoPro 2 camera, it has to be done that way. I do like to ponder. Thanks for commenting and for watching the video, WV! Or should that be watching and commenting. Maybe it should be thanks for watching the comments. You’re getting me all confused now, WV.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincebus View Post
    I survived the entire video on 1 cup of coffee! It's pretty powerful so i'm not surprised that I was able to keep my eyes open the entire time... Enjoyed the report!
    I think you should write a book, Vinebus. Call it, “How to Survive a Brucie Video on Just One Cup of Joe.” Very impressive achievement! I’d like to hear from someone who didn’t survive. I don’t suppose that’s going to happen any time soon. It’s hard to type while dead, not that I would know. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the trip report!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

The Solo Hike That Went Off Track

Great vid. Looks like a fun walk.

enjoyed your video and never once did I feel like stabbing myself. I did have 2 cups of coffee and a Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Tart
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Great video!

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Awesome intro music! Caching/stealthing the bike-very cool. Invisible waterfalls too. Watching you climb the waterfall I wondered if you filed a flight-plan with anyone back in civilization for just in case. The shot on the second waterfall was very impressive--using the GoPro again I bet, seriously wide F.L. going on there...guessing 12mm??
    OK BH5, thanks for brightening my morning (which is afternoon)!

Another great video report Brucie, thanks for postin it.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Mighty fine walkabout and hangin' video,,keep them coming,,I enjoyed it immensely and now wide awake!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Great video, looked like an interesting wander. Good for a few sips of coffee and some strawberry yogurt. ;-) Thanks for posting!
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Great vid. Looks like a fun walk.
    Hello there Phillipsart! Yes, fun hike that could be put on your ever growing list of walks to do if you ever visit this area of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    enjoyed your video and never once did I feel like stabbing myself. I did have 2 cups of coffee and a Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Tart
    Research shows that people who have two cups of coffee AND a pop tart, are 37.4 times less likely to feel the need to stab themselves while watching a Bruciehi5 video. Thanks Ewker!

Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    Great video!
    Thanks 12trysomething!

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Awesome intro music! Caching/stealthing the bike-very cool. Invisible waterfalls too. Watching you climb the waterfall I wondered if you filed a flight-plan with anyone back in civilization for just in case. The shot on the second waterfall was very impressive--using the GoPro again I bet, seriously wide F.L. going on there...guessing 12mm??
    OK BH5, thanks for brightening my morning (which is afternoon)!
    That intro music reminds me of The Pink Panther sound track. Why didn’t I think of calling them invisible waterfalls. Sounds much better than no water. There’s a form for everything these days, but I didn’t file any flight plans, not a big file fan. It’s more fun that way. I parked me car at a lodge, they kind of knew where I was. The field of view is set at 170 degrees. GoPro are keeping the focal length top secret, but between 8 and 12 would be about right. You’re more than welcome, MedicineMan, for the morning in the afternoon brighten up!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Another great video report Brucie, thanks for postin it.
    Welcome, you are! Yoda is cool as! lol “Luke: What's in there? Yoda: Only what you take with you.” "Try not. Do, or do not, there is no try...." They were the days, they don’t make movies like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Mighty fine walkabout and hangin' video,,keep them coming,,I enjoyed it immensely and now wide awake!
    Hi there Acer! Good to hear you followed my double dose of coffee recommendation. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the video, that’s good! I’ll make another on some time.

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Great video, looked like an interesting wander. Good for a few sips of coffee and some strawberry yogurt. ;-) Thanks for posting!
    I don’t know, nothermark, a few sips is probably not enough to keep you going till the halfway mark. Toothpicks, or matches to hold your eyelids open might be the go, if you want to low dose, self medicate like that. It was an interesting stroll around. A little bit more interesting then I thought it would be. It might have sparked a new style of hiking for me. You’re welcome for the posting! Thank you for posting and watching!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Nice, I loved it. Hey, isn't it winter down in your neck of the woods? Looked nice and warm.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast