ENO Reactor
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    ENO Vulcan UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    [QUOTE=anvil440;1143097] You will need some sort of insulation and ENO doesn't give you the double layer option. The double layer will give you the option to add a sleeping pad for cheap and easy insulation.

Funny you say that. The ENO reactor hammock is in fact two layered. And i love being able to slide a pad in the middle if needed

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosus View Post
    I've used my ENO single once. I sort of wish I went with the double, as the single didn't seem to be as roomy as my hennessy.
    I was in the eno down to around 35 with my hammock gear 0* under quilt and 20* top quilt I was warm (even a little sweaty at one point, so I had to open the top quilt). It was windy, blowing around and under my big tarp.
    Im using it again in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it won't be in the teens or snowing, but I'm ready if it is. Ive never been happy with pads in a hammock.
    The thing I like about the ENO is once you have another system, you only have to pay for the hammock. My hennessy tree straps and rain fly work just fine with the eno (but I did add whoopies). Since it is my winter system, I don't need the hassle of a bug net.
    Second time in my Eno. I used my longer tree straps, finally learned the marlin spike hitch/toggle method and hung my hammock with NO problems. Very nice way to go! I may get one more use out of it before bug season, and I have to switch back to the hennessy, but so far it's a good hammock. Hung my head too high last weekend, though, and wound up having to scoot up several times.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    Eno Dbl. Nest, wbbb xlc dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    12' Winter Palace
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Whoopies, cinch
    Don't buy eno! Check out other cottage venders hammocks! Much more value for a better product!

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2000tx View Post
    Update: I have since this post went with an wilderness logics tadpole tarp and I have a UQ on order with UGQ. I'm not happy with the Eno bugnet the zipper in the middle is annoyingly hard to get my feet through to get out of. My has one of those Woot.com Yukon Outfitters netted hammocks and now I'm jealous of her net! I did order the pack hook mod on my UQ from UGQ because I've been eyeing dream hammocks stuff. The Eno itself is comfy and I plan to keep it even if I upgrade.
    I'm kind of curious about your problems with the bugnet zipper. I have a Hammock Bliss net with the same zipper design as the ENO Guardian and never seem to have trouble. Then again maybe it is the way I use my hammock. When I go to exit I usually sit up in the hammock (kind of cross legged), unzip the bug net, lean out to grab my shoes and then sit there with my legs out the zipper and put my shoes on.

Still one of these days I need to get a lighter bug net....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey scott I am a new member to the forum, but I have spent many nights in my eno singlenest. With that said I love my hammock it has it's benefits over the Hennessy. If you get the eno I would highly recommend the atlas straps over any other choice, it just gives you the wide variety to place your hammock. They are very durable and comfortable.i would tell you that if it is your first hammock buy the eno and the eno bug net, and then as you go on with your hanging career, slowly upgrade your gear. I would not recommend any of the eno tarps though, they are overpriced for what you get. I would recommend the war bonnet tarp or the macCat. Hope you found this helpful.

Rex

I agree.. ENO hammocks are a great start! I just recently got a DN, but have a few other non ENO's also. The more time you spend here though, the more you will want to upgrade it!
    If you do buy straps, get the Atlas straps for sure. Just a few $ more than the other versions they sell, but they don't stretch, and have far more connection points.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    My first hammock was a dn and it was comfy. I sold it and started DIY. That being said grand trunk makes an identical hammock but 10.5' long. I wish that eno would do the same since the length really let's you use the width. Clones.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40
    I own WBBB products and also have a ENO DN... the ENO DN is a solid quick deploy hammock that I like to put in my day hike kit. Can't go wrong with this Asheville NC company.

Hammock
    ENO DN Onelink System
    Tarp
    Noah 9, ENO dryfly
    Insulation
    varies
    Suspension
    varies / Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by hattywaiverwireguru View Post
    I own WBBB products and also have a ENO DN... the ENO DN is a solid quick deploy hammock that I like to put in my day hike kit. Can't go wrong with this Asheville NC company.
    I agree with you on that!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345