HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    I just bought my first quilt from Adam a few weeks ago, I went for the 20* Incubator as I wanted something to bridge my spring/summer 2/3 and my winter mothership.

I went for the new Argon fabric in and out to shave a few more grams, it turned up at the weekend and it looks the mutts nuts. I've rigged it up with the WBBB so far and it fits like a glove. We're getting temps in the 80's right now so it'll be a while yet before it gets a good test.

I'm amazed at how compact it is when in the stuff sack, I was genuinely expecting something much bigger for the temps it claims. The Argon is light enough that it lets the down expand to it's full potential in no time at all, even after crossing the North Atlantic. If this quilt can get me down to around -5*C then that cope with most of our winters, if not then I'll be more than happy to see how the 0* Inc works out.
    Shewie i had my 20* incubator down to about -5*c last Dec and was warm all night in it. I used a TNF sleeping bag as a top quilt and just had light weight lounge trs and shirt on so i don't think you will have issues with our winters.

NR already came in. Very nice and it fits the NX-250 like it was made for it. Even with my inexperience it was hung and adjusted in about 5 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Loosen up the ends a little. Two tight like that will wrinkle everything creating air gaps that will slow cool air to funnel in between the hammock and quilt.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Loosen up the ends a little. Two tight like that will wrinkle everything creating air gaps that will slow cool air to funnel in between the hammock and quilt.
    Will do. Thanks

Received the Incubator today. Very nice work. But the NR fits the NX-250 much better than the Incubator. So I need to get my 50 posts in so I can make someone a deal on a brand new Incubator.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WL OldMan Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas whoopies
    I have the HG Incubator 20 and the Phoenix, my daughter uses the Phoenix and I use the Incubator. A full-length UQ under a bottom-entry HH means you have to be a bit more careful entering and exiting, not so with the Phoenix. Just spent 6 days with the Incubator in temps ranging from 35 to 50 and didn't have a single problem. Being 6' I don't think the Phoenix would work for me without a pad, but I love the HG UQs and Adam is an absolute pleasure to work with.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL, ThunderBird 1.9 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly & Sock
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Burro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Given temperature ratings, I would consider which UQ would be of more use to you.
    I live, camp, and hike in Maine. Needless to say, it cold and dry at least 6 months of the year. I also sleep cold.

October - May:
    I use 0 degree incubator (900 fill power Hungarian goose down).
    I love Hammock Gear, and their UQs. I also have the Burrow, and just purchased another Incubator for my brother.

Summer Months:
    I use the Jarbridge 30 degrees (synthetic).
    If I get cold, I just added a thin sleeping pad.

If you are camping/hiking in Florida, I think you made a good decision to go with the New River synthetic (just speculating on temperatures, humidity, and price). It is a bit heavier, but I would rather sleep comfortably than stress over 6 oz.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123