Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    doc17th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Just outside of Philadelphia, Pa.
    Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Posts
    364

    leave under quilt and protector on?

    Do I leave my underquilt and protector on hammock or put it on each time I put up the hammock?
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MedicineMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roan Mountain,TN
    Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Posts
    5,659
    Images
    76
    A huge bunch of us put the UQ on the hammock at home, dial it it with a test lay; then it stays on the entire trip regardless of how many days we're out. I've had the UQ on the same hammock for months at at time--until the season forces me to change out for either a lighter or heavier rated underquilt.

  3. #3
    old4hats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ball Ground, Ga.
    Posts
    2,048
    With your Clark NX250, you will have quite a bundle if you pack hammock and UQ together. Of course a partial length, summer weight UQ would make it a bit easier, but...
    This hammock is a pretty good bundle on its own. My 20degree full length UQ is a pretty good sized stuff sack on its own, so I guess it is less hassle to hang the UQ each time.
    My wife's BBClone would probably work great bundled together, perhaps I'll try it.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ/AHE UQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Posts
    875
    I leave my full length PLUQ attached for multi-night outings. It will still stuff into the #6 Clark pocket. Even without an UQ I seldom stuff all the way down to the smaller bundle provided by the Clark hammock that compresses the hammock into the pocket.
    For tarp, top quilt, and hammock/UQ I don't stuff them into small bags for packing. I like to leave them loose and stuff/shape/form them as needed around other items in the pack.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

  5. #5
    doc17th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Just outside of Philadelphia, Pa.
    Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    A huge bunch of us put the UQ on the hammock at home, dial it it with a test lay; then it stays on the entire trip regardless of how many days we're out. I've had the UQ on the same hammock for months at at time--until the season forces me to change out for either a lighter or heavier rated underquilt.
    Thanks for the info.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

  6. #6
    doc17th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Just outside of Philadelphia, Pa.
    Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    With your Clark NX250, you will have quite a bundle if you pack hammock and UQ together. Of course a partial length, summer weight UQ would make it a bit easier, but...
    This hammock is a pretty good bundle on its own. My 20degree full length UQ is a pretty good sized stuff sack on its own, so I guess it is less hassle to hang the UQ each time.
    My wife's BBClone would probably work great bundled together, perhaps I'll try it.
    You are right it is a bundle.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

  7. #7
    doc17th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Just outside of Philadelphia, Pa.
    Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    I leave my full length PLUQ attached for multi-night outings. It will still stuff into the #6 Clark pocket. Even without an UQ I seldom stuff all the way down to the smaller bundle provided by the Clark hammock that compresses the hammock into the pocket.
    For tarp, top quilt, and hammock/UQ I don't stuff them into small bags for packing. I like to leave them loose and stuff/shape/form them as needed around other items in the pack.
    Thanks for the info.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Similar Threads

  1. Under Quilt Protector review
    By 12trysomething in forum 2QZQ Hammock Specialties (Hennessy Bugnet Zipper Mods)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 23:20
  2. under quilt protector
    By visionarylion in forum 2QZQ Hammock Specialties (Hennessy Bugnet Zipper Mods)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 22:06
  3. Does a quilt protector need to have DWR?
    By Mouseskowitz in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 09:06
  4. Undercover/Quilt protector
    By fortran42 in forum Hennessy Hammocks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 13:49
  5. Bag or Quilt. What-cha got? Like it or leave it
    By Roadtorque in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 08:01

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •