Hey Guys & Gals,

Just thought I'd throw a post up about hammocking on the WT as I didn't find much info when I was looking.

I hiked the Washington's Wonderland Trail July 17-23rd. Great trail, great tread, stellar views. I'd happily hike it again (and will).

There are plenty of trees to hang from in the campsites on this trail. Stealth camping isn't allowed, so I stuck to the campsites. I was with 3 others. Two of us hammocked and two of us slept in a tent. We were actually able to set up hammocks in the site or right on the edge of the site, and I actually sat in my hammock rather than on the ground or on a log when we were hanging out in the evenings and mornings.

I used 8' long webbing, and 6' long whoopies. That was adequate. There are some big trees out there for sure, but I was able to find trees that worked with the above setup without issue.

Bugs were not much of an issue once the sun went down, and I never pulled the bug sock over me. I used a Warbonnet Yeti UQ, and that was fine. A friend used a Prolite Thermarest and that was adequate for him as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to post.