Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Soooo what's the rest of the story? I'm dying to know.

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I tried my superfly with doors on my WBRR and could not close the doors because of the large suspension triangle. I had to jerry rig the heck out of it to close the end. Never did quite get it.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thanks for the update. I'm considering the Cloudburst or JRB. I can add grip clips for the spreader bars for clearance on the JRB and it has more ties.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    OEM
    Insulation
    AHE White Cloud
    Suspension
    OEM
    Has anyone tried the AHE Toxaway tarp with the WBRR? From the AHE website it has a 12 foot ridgeline and can be ordered with multiple panels pulls if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudorino View Post
    I tried my superfly with doors on my WBRR and could not close the doors because of the large suspension triangle. I had to jerry rig the heck out of it to close the end. Never did quite get it.
    ya i hear that. I'm surprised WB hasn't come out with a tarp with a longer ridge line and doors, so that you can get true full coverage over the RR.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps

RR w/SF

I mulled over the SF vs the CB and decided to get the SF. With the doors closed, there's a 6-8 in wide diamond open where the suspension comes out. That hasn't been a problem in the rain but I haven't had much wind when it was raining yet.

If you set it up with the pull-outs tied to a hiking pole, it's a pretty close fit - about 6 inches from the corner of the RR to the tarp. However, I got a pole kit for around $10 and made an over-the-top pole for each set of pull-outs. That seems to increase the width and reduces the amount of rigging. I included a pic so you can see how it fits. HTH

IMG_2815.jpg
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got the SF with the RR about a month ago and immediately went up to the North Shore here in MN. I didnt pay attention to the weather to much for where i should be pitching. I know noob mistake, but it made for great gear testing. I hung 15 feet from a 40ft cliffs edge and a pretty good storm came in off the lake. 30mph gust of wind and rain the whole time. The wind and waves where hitting so hard that the wave were coming over the cliff. Sorry i went off there, all im trying to say is, the SF held up superb. Dry as a bone all night, only problem i got into was the wind ripped my stakes out of the ground on the head end and i got a little splashed from that. Mostly because it was really soft ground. I wouldnt trade SF for anything for possibly bad weather with the RR.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver View Post
    I mulled over the SF vs the CB and decided to get the SF. With the doors closed, there's a 6-8 in wide diamond open where the suspension comes out. That hasn't been a problem in the rain but I haven't had much wind when it was raining yet.

If you set it up with the pull-outs tied to a hiking pole, it's a pretty close fit - about 6 inches from the corner of the RR to the tarp. However, I got a pole kit for around $10 and made an over-the-top pole for each set of pull-outs. That seems to increase the width and reduces the amount of rigging. I included a pic so you can see how it fits. HTH

IMG_2815.jpg
    I would avoid placing the tarp between poles and the tarp stand support bar. If there's any wind, it will force the poles and support bar against each other, wearing away spots on the tarp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12