Hello All,
I found this forum a few months ago. After reading everything I could, and becoming confused by all the terms, I jumped in and bought a used Hennessy Hammock on ebay. My son used it in the BWCA last week and he had a wonderful experience. This was what I call an "old mans trip", we portaged 2 lakes in from Sawbill Lake to Burnt Lake and set up camp for the week, not too physically taxing.
The Hammock is completely stock with just the small rainfly that came with it, and having no experience with hammocks we took a tent big enough to sleep all three of us in case the hammock experiment failed. The last full day of our trip it rained and rained and rained, We later found out 4.5 inches fell in the area. Ted got slightly damp in the hammock, but much drier than myself and son number 2 in the tent. A medium size river was flowing under and around our tent all night.
The rain didn't dampen our spirits and 2 more hammocks are in the works, with some upgrades so we never have to carry that honkin' Timberline 4 man tent again. Thanks for all the info guys. BTW we have never had better fishing in the BWCA, the smallies were hot all week!

Mike