WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: Just wondering about a closed thread?

Glad I read this...I had missed the rule change thread...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Why not just doll out punishments for those who get combative and offensive?

I guess it's easier to submit to political correctness. Better to filter firearms like they're curse words, we wouldn't want nanny H.F. to get upset!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post

I guess it's easier to submit to political correctness. Better to filter firearms like they're curse words, we wouldn't want nanny H.F. to get upset!
    I think our mods do above and beyond for the sake of the forum. If that makes it a "nanny H.F. then I can live with that. No one should expect these forums to be all things to all people. That's not PC. That's real life.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Because we don't view the forum members as children that need to be disciplined.
    It has nothing to do with being correct. This is about keeping HF a friendly place. One of the easy ways to define that is as a place where folks don't call each other names. On that note, if you really want us to act as nannies, I'm happy to start this morning.
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Because we don't view the forum members as children that need to be disciplined.
    I agree. The members here are adults and able to carry on a conversation and remain civil. Those members who can not keep a friendly atsmophere are the issue; Not the firearms.

It has nothing to do with being correct. This is about keeping HF a friendly place. One of the easy ways to define that is as a place where folks don't call each other names.
    So, why can't you just censor the name calling? Obviously this is not about firearms, it's about people failing to remain civil towards one another. Firearms talk is just the scape goat (Political correctness.)

On that note, if you really want us to act as nannies, I'm happy to start this morning.
    You are, obviously, free to act as you see fit. Just remember that censoring dissenting opinion is not a reliable way to poll the community.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    So, why can't you just censor the name calling? Obviously this is not about firearms, it's about people failing to remain civil towards one another. Firearms talk is just the scape goat (Political correctness.)
    A cause is not a scape goat. If acting an *** about firearms then claiming it was because you forgot to take your meds, the meds are the scape goat. Firearms are the cause of a great many arguments here...when they have nothing to do with the topic of hammocks.

We have banned. We have censored. We have even asked nicely. The results don't change a bit. Given that the Moderators here do this as volunteers, we really don't have the time to babysit, or nanny, the adult members here. While we are universally surprised that adults seem to lack the ability to act as such when the topic of guns comes up, it doesn't change any of the facts.

It has been an issue here for a long time and we have worked very hard to keep it from the banned list. This rule is the result of people not being able to keep their passions in check. It is not up for debate.
    Trust nobody!

Moderators and others that put a great deal of their time,most I assume also have a "Day Job" ,into providing this forum for all to enjoy have my utmost thanks. I visit several forums from camping to fishing,kayak fishing to traditional archery and I can only imagine the amount of time and effort it takes to keep them up and running. I know if rules are made it's because the moderators see or foresee a problem that's going to be a distraction from the forums original intent. Ofttimes people don't agree with certain rules and to those I suggest start your own webpage and forum. I can guarantee in a very short time you'll learn a new respect for those who spend their time and effort to keep this forum running smoothly. My experience is no matter your interest there's an Internet site somewhere that you can access and communicate with those of like interest.
    There's no excuse for laziness...

but, if you find one, let me know.

We have banned. We have censored. We have even asked nicely. The results don't change a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by In an earlier conversation
    It is not up for debate.
    Only because we know what the outcome would be.

Moderators and their decisions will gain a ton of support. Even though most would disagree with the content of this action.

Too late for a "fair trial" now, of course.
    Last edited by wake.joe; 08-07-2013 at 09:59.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Too late for a "fair trial" now, of course.
    Entitled, much?
    Not sure why you would think we would have a trail to enact a rule on a private website. You can either stay and operate within the rule structure, or not.
    Trust nobody!

Entitled, much?
    Are you kidding? All I was saying is that it's too late for a discussion. Great job representing the friendly, adult commentary available on HF.net

Not sure why you would think we would have a trail to enact a rule on a private website. You can either stay and operate within the rule structure, or not.
    It was a figure of speech, which is why I used quotes. I apologize if it was not as obvious as I thought it was.

I already said in the beginning;
    You are, obviously, free to act as you see fit.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast