UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon383 View Post
    there should still be more, but time was running out when I ordered mine

Yup, just checked the doubles are still in stock, but only 10 hours left
    My mistake. I was referring to the bug net version. I'm a little guy and have not much use for a double.

I picked up one of these to put into my trunk bag as part of my get home bag/want to do an overnight hang bag. I'm looking to find a light an inexpensive tarp to go with it since my main setup is a WBB/Superfly and the best match so far looks to be the Warbonnet Edge. An OES MacCat standard is also in the same price/weight range. Any other suggestions on something to go with this?

Quote Originally Posted by brianmat View Post
    I picked up one of these to put into my trunk bag as part of my get home bag/want to do an overnight hang bag. I'm looking to find a light an inexpensive tarp to go with it since my main setup is a WBB/Superfly and the best match so far looks to be the Warbonnet Edge. An OES MacCat standard is also in the same price/weight range. Any other suggestions on something to go with this?
    The Tadpole tarp from Wilderness Logics is a favorite of mine. It provides plenty of coverage and is priced right...

Good point spaceweasel. I forgot to include that in my initial list. It too looks like it hits the good price/weight point.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Got my netted version last week but have not been able to set it up until this AM.

For $30 with shipping its nice little hammock. Only problem is I am 6ft 2 so this hammock is too small for me. Figure its better suited for hangers 5ft 6 and under. I will be keeping for a spare for the wife. For someone starting out and needs a entry level hammock with mosquito net then this is a great buy.

Will be changing out the suspension that came with it as it is way overweight but its what one would expect to get with a hammock at this price point.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Quote Originally Posted by thanantos View Post
    I can see how the rope these hammocks comes with (super-paracord?) would be problematic both in stretch and water absorption.

What did you replace yours with?
    Sorry, just saw this. I replaced with homemade whoopies. It worked wonderfully on my trip with my son. I still haven't spent the night in it (and may not, considering the reports from others who are 6ft+). Still, it's good for my kids and it will take a while before the youngest (almost 4) is too tall for it.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    here's a pic for comparison, don't think i've posted it here yet. L to R, yukon double, tablecloth, wb traveler, yukon netted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, bummer. I got my suspension and whoopies and and decided to string it up for the first time here at the office to see how it felt. Got in and stretched out and the foot end of the zipper ripped at the seam. Did everything right with a 30 degree hang according to my android level, so that was good.

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow to see if I can exchange it. If not I'll fire off something to Woot for a refund, but hopefully I can swap this out. They are just up the road from me so hopefully they can take care of this.

I did check the stitching in the major areas, I just didn't check out the bugnet stitching thinking that it wasn't super critical. I would look to just have it resewn but when it pulled from the seam it created a tear in the netting. No idea what went wrong on that one.

Bummer. Hope it's an easy exchange. I got the double and have used it a couple times. It fit me and my fiancé completely fine...with room to spare. We're both pretty small. I'm 5'6 and 130 and she's around my height and a hundred pounds or so.

The stitching is great. Only issue is the cheap rope it comes with. I'll be changing that out this weekend.

Update: Called the number listed on their Facebook page and talked to one of the owners. They are shipping a replacement out to me this afternoon and he apologized profusely for the problem. He wants the old one back only to take a look at the issue to see if there's anything they could do to prevent that type of problem. He was a SUPER nice guy and he said he'd do what he needed to in order to make things right. Great customer service from my perspective.

I did suggest a structural ridgeline for the netted model to keep from having to mess with the bungee cord, but I guess that would interfere with flipping the hammock over to use it in the non-net position. This will probably be my little project when my replacement gets in next week.

They're going to be opening up a showroom in the next couple of months for those of you in the Triad area of NC.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast