Brushes with greatness. We all have them. So many things happened to let us hike with 'Buffalo Bill'; fresh off an airplane and 6 months in Iceland, Poof picked him up in Charlotte and rushed him to Folkmoot in Waynesville to perform with other fiddlers from Winnepeg.......next thing you know he's hiking with us in the Panthertown Valley. I'm still high from the hike, from Panthertown and getting to fiddle a day with him.
On the backpacking side of things a Huge thanks to PhillipStart/ConSpeedy from Oz who put me onto the lightest baking system I've ever seen. I could have used more oil in the pot and some flour but the end result was a gigantic fully cooked muffin....all at the cost of just one spacer and the actual baking pot...I'd be carrying a caldera cone anyway and the pot the baking pot goes into.
Back to Panthertown....if you watch the vid you'll see the PERFECT spot for a group hang, a group hangers paradise. So many features in such a concise hike.....
Now at the end at the typical slide show with pics from the trip Buffalo Bill in my mancave of gear picked up a Bridge electric violin, a violin he'd never seen nor played and started doing his thing; I clicked Audacity and got what I could!...amazing talent!
Hope you enjoy: