WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    It's amazing with the little bit I bring how long the list is. And how little of it is filled at this time. But there are two weeks and then I do like to wait until the last minute. But then...it's

Amazing that it all comes together and that there is a great time had by all. But all need to realize that others joining in would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting on up years and would rather spend my time socializing than cooking and am working on my replacement. If you have a grand time this year give a thought to being a bit more involved next year. I am looking forward to someone stepping up to take FLB, FLG & SpecialKs KP duties. These people were amazing last year but they also need to join in and share the experience of what is happening here instead of being stuck in the kitchen.

That was my nice way of saying get off your duff and contribute.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    zpks bivy (fav DH DUL)
    Tarp
    zpacks pocket tarp
    Insulation
    ugq tq-wm ultralit
    Suspension
    ground
    Images
    Its been said before and imo it needs to be said again. Thank you!!!! there is so much work before, during and after by mostly the same group year after year to make so many happy. I won't name names because i'm afraid i'd leave someone out. The truth is, I've eaten like a pig, been doubled over in laughter, been taught more than i can remember and most important to me made many friends. again thank you .
    Forgiving enhances living. Whatever you are doing could be the last thing you do, so make it count. FKA chuck

Hammock
    zpks bivy (fav DH DUL)
    Tarp
    zpacks pocket tarp
    Insulation
    ugq tq-wm ultralit
    Suspension
    ground
    Images

shuttle service wanted

I just got off the phone and I've been turned down again in my attempt to hire a shuttle for our hike https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=84836 more options needed. I'll be arriving on a bicycle this year [i found storage for it] however we won't have a ride to the upper end of ocala national forest. I will pay for a ride. Our hope is to be on the north side of ONF between Sunday or Monday am. It's 75 miles round trip or if your are leaving the buck lake its north 37.5 miles.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frankBGB View Post
    What do you mean by a "bread bag?" A plastic bag like loaves are often old in? Seems like the lack of breathability would lead to moisture condensation leading to unhappiness of several forms…but I dunno and wanna learn.
    Frank
    That's precisely what I mean. The whole point of them is the lack of breathability: what happens is they prevent the sweat from evaporating from your feet; this causes your feet to stop putting out extra moisture and also keeps them warm(er) since the moisture isn't encountering a state change where it steals warmth from your feet.

It's worked for several folks over the years. FireInMyBones was the first person to mention it to me, and it seems to work for him just fine.

Any further questions/explanations I'll move to PM, to avoid cluttering the thread, but that's the basics.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frankBGB View Post
    What do you mean by a "bread bag?" A plastic bag like loaves are often old in? Seems like the lack of breathability would lead to moisture condensation leading to unhappiness of several forms…but I dunno and wanna learn.
    Frank
    Yep. Breadbag means that long plastic bag that bread comes in. It's one of those tricks that just work - but the trick to making it work is to wear wool (or fancy high tech synthetic but wool is still best) next to your skin. NOT cotton!
    Please note that the same technique is not advised for keeping your head warm.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    My current best-route for biking into the hang: Google Maps.

Anyone interested in a long ride in and out?
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    ...I am looking forward to someone stepping up to take FLB, FLG & SpecialKs KP duties. These people were amazing last year but they also need to join in and share the experience of what is happening here instead of being stuck in the kitchen.

Floridahanger reporting for duty. Where is my post, sir?

(wringing hands) he says in a shallow, drawn out voice: "d u t c h o v e n s"
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Hey olddog, count me in to help. I have some DO gear but not much experience using it. I need to change my DO resume from rookie to something higher. Typically, that means starting off in the back of the kitchen. I'm ready to "earn" my stripes. See you sometime Friday after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    It's amazing with the little bit I bring how long the list is. And how little of it is filled at this time. But there are two weeks and then I do like to wait until the last minute. But then...it's

Amazing that it all comes together and that there is a great time had by all. But all need to realize that others joining in would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting on up years and would rather spend my time socializing than cooking and am working on my replacement. If you have a grand time this year give a thought to being a bit more involved next year. I am looking forward to someone stepping up to take FLB, FLG & SpecialKs KP duties. These people were amazing last year but they also need to join in and share the experience of what is happening here instead of being stuck in the kitchen.

“He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Geaux hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear tq/uq
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I like to hike, kayak and all the other fun stuff that will be going on during a hang like this one. I also enjoy cooking, grilling (not the same thing). I being part of everything and am willing to help out in anyway my two hands will allow. I do tend to forget to volunteer(old habit from military days) but if you need a hand and see me around just give a nudge and I will be right in there.

Hammock
    Geaux hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear tq/uq
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    So far my body count is going down. My son got put on a new shift at the hospital and now is not going to get off for the trip. Just found out today. So my other two guests were closer to his age than mine so not sure yet if I will have a full car load or not. Trying to get the wife to come, even if she just stops in for a bit and meets some people before going a visiting her mom. I am trying to get her out there, but it takes baby steps, baby steps. lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast