Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 372
  1. #91
    nimbus37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Battle Creek, MI
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, JRB ORM
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    220
    How long is the hike in? When would you plan to leave? I have my wife and two kids coming and hiking in would be fun. Let me know your plans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfeffer View Post
    I am in for one.

    PARK-n-HIKE IN
    Since I only live about 2 miles as the crow flies from the Deep Lake Campground, anyone that want to park and hike in, is welcome leave their car at my home. You can hike the NCT into Deep Lake from my place. Just PM me if you are interested.

    I am also in for the Canoe/Kayak trip down the river. I have access to 3 extra kayaks and one canoe.

    In case we get some major rain in the forecast, I have a 30'x40' white poly tarp for a shelter.

    I will bring the bean-bag toss too..

    Looking forward to the weekend.

  2. #92
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Garden City, MI
    Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Insulation
    DIY
    Posts
    3
    Is it too late to sign up, I think my husband and I might be able to make it that weekend. In addition, we are vegetarian, will there be any vegetarian food options in the group meals or should we provide our own. I do have a vegetarian chili recipe, I will have to see how it will work out.

  3. #93
    Missy Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoehm View Post
    Is it too late to sign up, I think my husband and I might be able to make it that weekend. In addition, we are vegetarian, will there be any vegetarian food options in the group meals or should we provide our own. I do have a vegetarian chili recipe, I will have to see how it will work out.
    No, its definitely not to late to sign up...we would love to have you!!

    As far as the vegetarian food..that i'm not completely sure about..but it would be great to have your chili there to try

    I hope you can join us
    Missy Lou
    UGQ Outdoor Equipment
    Makers of High Performance Sleeping Gear and Tarps
    VISIT OUR WEBSITE HERE

  4. #94
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,519
    Images
    70
    Liz and I are officially signed up, now to see if we can officially make it.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  5. #95
    Missy Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Liz and I are officially signed up, now to see if we can officially make it.
    I hope you guys make it...since I didn't get to meet your lovely wife at Blind Lake
    Missy Lou
    UGQ Outdoor Equipment
    Makers of High Performance Sleeping Gear and Tarps
    VISIT OUR WEBSITE HERE

  6. #96
    Senior Member gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middlebury, IN
    Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Posts
    6,257
    Images
    46
    Canoebie,
    I know you never leave home without it, but...
    Coffee pot???

  7. #97
    Senior Member Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Free State of Ludington
    Hammock
    WBBB/Darien 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UnderGround Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,047
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfeffer View Post
    I am in for one.

    PARK-n-HIKE IN
    Since I only live about 2 miles as the crow flies from the Deep Lake Campground, anyone that want to park and hike in, is welcome leave their car at my home. You can hike the NCT into Deep Lake from my place. Just PM me if you are interested.

    I am also in for the Canoe/Kayak trip down the river. I have access to 3 extra kayaks and one canoe.

    In case we get some major rain in the forecast, I have a 30'x40' white poly tarp for a shelter.

    I will bring the bean-bag toss too..

    Looking forward to the weekend.
    Hasenpfeffer! Long time since the Manitous! Mary and I would be interested in borrowing a canoe if that is possible.
    Its a proven fact that 78.4% of all statstics are made up on the spot.

    Stone's Videos

  8. #98
    canoebie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Super Ogee
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings, dc
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Canoebie,
    I know you never leave home without it, but...
    Coffee pot???
    Got it G!!
    “Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.”
    ― Alan W. Watts


    http://www.riverjourneys.org

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oxford, Michigan
    Hammock
    GT Ultralight/DIY
    Tarp
    big daddy
    Insulation
    pad/PLUQ
    Suspension
    DIY straps/whoopie
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Got it G!!
    And if he doesnt I will....required. of course sat nights brew tends to be "special"...

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbus37 View Post
    How long is the hike in? When would you plan to leave? I have my wife and two kids coming and hiking in would be fun. Let me know your plans.
    I will not be hiking in, but you and your family are welcome to park at our house. I can set you up with a map.

    I live about 2 miles directly west of point #12 on this NTC map.
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/cnd/mash_barry.htm
    if you road walked (gravel little traffic) Norris Rd. south to Bowens Mill, then east to NTC, then NTC south to north side of Duck Lake, then walk trails north into DLCG

    DNR Map - http://www.michigandnr.com/Publicati...prings_map.pdf

    here is a map from my place to the Deep Lake campground via road to give a sence of scale. http://goo.gl/maps/Nj6yC

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2nd MI Fall Hang and Chili Festival
    By sr1355 in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 03:13
  2. Replies: 315
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 19:01
  3. Replies: 359
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 13:00
  4. 2013 Fall Hang & Chili Festival Group Hang
    By sr1355 in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 19:43
  5. MI>FALL HANG> Sept 27,28 & 29 2013
    By sr1355 in forum Midwest
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 20:24

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •