Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scryan View Post
    This is the "Hammock Gear, Vendors and Services" section of the forum, with all due respect... seems like the perfect place to discuss vendors and service.

And beyond that, this is where people who are interested in ordering come for info on the gear and supplier... They have EVERY right to know other customers experiances before they order... good bad or ugly.

I know just when all this started I was deciding between dream hammock and BIAS. I almost went with bias due to waiting time alone... I DEFINITELY would have appreciated these posts at the time... especially since I got my dream hammock faster then I would have gotten the BIAS. (Based on order dates I have seen..)

People have a right to both sides of the issue so they can make a fair descision...
    By all means come back and share experiances both good and bad I don't discourage that. I advocate being an informed buyer. It's not a good idea to use the forum as a venue to discuss the status of an active order as the forums aren't here for conducting commercial business. Better off to direct that to the vendor through their business. Maybe a moderator would like to comment. I hope the OP gets his order in time. Would blow to miss out on a trip with the kids.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    It's not a good idea to use the forum as a venue to discuss the status of an active order as the forums aren't here for conducting commercial business.
    HamMike is right.

The contents of the first post really should be directed toward BIAS via email.

The forum is a great place to give feedback about products and service. But it's not a place to *seek* the service.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Banned
    Your probably right about the email. Honestly never crossed my mind since I sent Brian a pm here and never heard back along with a voice mail. His communication was fantastic when I was getting ready to purchase the hammock. I'm sure they are great guys. I'm just a bit leery of the way Brian disappeared as soon as the sale went down and they had my money. Most likely a non issue, but it sent up a red flag for me.

Shane left me a message an hour or so ago and said he got a new phone and just got my message. Fair enough.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scryan View Post
    This is the "Hammock Gear, Vendors and Services" section of the forum, with all due respect... seems like the perfect place to discuss vendors and service.

And beyond that, this is where people who are interested in ordering come for info on the gear and supplier... They have EVERY right to know other customers experiances before they order... good bad or ugly.

I know just when all this started I was deciding between dream hammock and BIAS. I almost went with bias due to waiting time alone... I DEFINITELY would have appreciated these posts at the time... especially since I got my dream hammock faster then I would have gotten the BIAS. (Based on order dates I have seen..)

People have a right to both sides of the issue so they can make a fair descision...
    And, with all due respect, many of us wonder why customer complaints to the vendors suddenly have to become OUR problem as well. You have many more options available to you for redress of grievances, and none of them involve the Hammock Community in general, and trying to recruit support in the forums by shaming the vendor into action is probably not even close to being the best one.

Your problem will be resolved. You will either get your goods or you will get a refund. Please save your kvetching for when someone actually ASKS for someone's experiences with one vendor or another. When such input is actually solicited is the proper time to offer it.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    BIAS has obviously had some slippage recently in delivery and customer communication. Both Brian and Shane recently purchased homes, to my understanding, and there's the whole disruption of moving and what not.

Though I have no current orders pending with BIAS, I feel a bit slighted myself because I have so wholeheartedly endorsed not only the products but the BIAS people on this forum. It almost feels like my reputation is at stake.

I'm fairly confident they'll get their crap together tout de suite - their business wouldn't have grown so exponentially were it not for their excellent customer service heretofore. This is hopefully just a minor blip on the radar.

Banned
    I'm almost 100% you are correct in that assessment (except for the tout de suite and heretofore parts- don't know what that means ha!). I talked to Shane a few hours ago and I could tell he was genuinely overwhelmed and trying to put out a few fires. It must've been around 9:00 his time when we spoke, so I think it's safe to say he is burning the candle at both ends. It is also my impression that he's doing the job of running the company in Brian's absence for whatever reason and juggling a new job to boot. I'm sure the last thing they want is to make promises of when they can get product out, but when a company takes money up front, it is the customers right to know when it will arrive.

I also got the impression that they were having a problem with getting materials delivered in a timely fashion.

Hammock
    DIY hammy
    Tarp
    prezidential suite
    Insulation
    diy underquilt
    Suspension
    straps n buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    And, with all due respect, many of us wonder why customer complaints to the vendors suddenly have to become OUR problem as well. You have many more options available to you for redress of grievances, and none of them involve the Hammock Community in general, and trying to recruit support in the forums by shaming the vendor into action is probably not even close to being the best one.

Your problem will be resolved. You will either get your goods or you will get a refund. Please save your kvetching for when someone actually ASKS for someone's experiences with one vendor or another. When such input is actually solicited is the proper time to offer it.
    again well said.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    ...Please save your kvetching for when...
    Wait, hold on there, Tex...YIDDISH??
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcavenagh View Post
    Wait, hold on there, Tex...YIDDISH??
    Oy Vey!

We're all the time taking a passeo down the camino to have us a palaver over a plate of carne asada, why should it be meshuggeneh for us to be speaking a bit of yiddish?

Golly.

I'm verklempt.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Now this is a whole nuther thing, y’all havin’ a hissy fit an getting’ all agervated. Don’t get yer shorts all in a bussle. Just put yer boots on the rail and take a pause.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast