Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blackbird XLC minus the XL?

Hey

Have anyone heard a time estimate on the regular blackbird with the new XLC features?
    Brandon mentioned a few more weeks here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ackbird&page=4 (01-30-2013, 04:05)
    and also started an email list for interested folks.

Have any of those who got on that email list or someone else heard about the status?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner/ WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQflight/WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I am curious about this also. I know a lot of people seemed very interested in a 10' XLC version but I haven't seen any pictures or posts about anyone getting one.

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I think there want enough interest in the beginning for Brandon to put it into production. I recently got an email saying something along the lines of no custom modifications to the blackbird at this time. maybe we need to take another poll and see who is interested in the 10' XLC
    -Jon-

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    WB Cinch buckles
    Images
    I recently heard from Brandon (within the last 10 days) that there is no plans to make the XLC in a 10 foot length.

Quote Originally Posted by dchrismer View Post
    I recently heard from Brandon (within the last 10 days) that there is no plans to make the XLC in a 10 foot length.
    What a shame, I don't mind the 11 foot version, but we're planning on two hammocks next to each other under one tarp.
    Guess we'll just make a bigger tarp then :-)
    Thanks for the info.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    That's a real bummer, I was planning to get an XLC but would much rather have a 10'er. Guess I'll hafta check out Dream Hammock instead.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    straps and whoopi
    Whats the difference in the regular and the XLC.... What does XLC stand for. Ive been looking at the blackbird, but didnt see anywhere what the xlc stands for... yes, I am new to hammocking, lol...Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dragon383 View Post
    Whats the difference in the regular and the XLC.... What does XLC stand for. Ive been looking at the blackbird, but didnt see anywhere what the xlc stands for... yes, I am new to hammocking, lol...Chris
    You can see Brandon explain the differences in the Blackbird XLC video at this link: http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/setup.php
    * XL for extra long: It's a foot longer (11 vs 10) giving a flatter lay (but also requiring a longer tarp).
    * C for convertable: The top cover can be unzipped completely, making it possible to swap the bugnet with a full topcover for colder weather.
    * The top of the footbox and more of the side of the hammock is now bugnet, giving better visibility and breathability.

Since the topcover can be completely removed you can get the zippers to the opposite side, which means that two blackbirds side by side with heads in the same end can open towards eachother. That's a setup I'd like to do with my girlfriend, so we can use both in chair mode and eat together under the same tarp.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    straps and whoopi
    Quote Originally Posted by aheilemann View Post
    You can see Brandon explain the differences in the Blackbird XLC video at this link: http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/setup.php
    * XL for extra long: It's a foot longer (11 vs 10) giving a flatter lay (but also requiring a longer tarp).
    * C for convertable: The top cover can be unzipped completely, making it possible to swap the bugnet with a full topcover for colder weather.
    * The top of the footbox and more of the side of the hammock is now bugnet, giving better visibility and breathability.

Since the topcover can be completely removed you can get the zippers to the opposite side, which means that two blackbirds side by side with heads in the same end can open towards eachother. That's a setup I'd like to do with my girlfriend, so we can use both in chair mode and eat together under the same tarp.

ok, thank you for the information... I think i need to save for the XLC THEN......cHRIS

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast