dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Hammock bad for your posture/back?

Hey guys viper here! about a year ago I started getting in to hammocks because I needed a smaller rig for a smaller pack I got. And after testing them different ones and different lays and everything I have found what I love and have been sleeping in it for a few months now and don't even have my bed in my room now because every time I even try and sleep in my bed I can't sleep and I sleep so much better in my hammock then I really ever have my bed.

But I'm wondering is this Gana mess up my back or something? Anyone els sleep in their hammock as a bed?
    Thaks guys so much for all the help me advise you guys give me!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I have a lower disc that about once a year,,pops out and puts my butt down for the count for about a week.. and then I am good to go for about another year...since moving to a bridge hammock,,the RR..It hasn't been active and back is super fine for over a year now. Before, I had a JRB Bridge,,and before than quite a few gathered end hammocks that helped out as well. Helps me a ton as I sleep in a hammock every nite in the house as well as outside when its not humid and hot as all get out. Love sleeping in a hammock as I work doing anything to my back,,and the hammock just heals it nicely.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Images
    I've only been doing this about three weeks now, but so far the opposite is true. I have never slept better and never felt better. I get out of bed (hammock?) and I'm out and up! No stiff muscles, no numb limbs, no popping back/neck for the first half of the day, nothing! The only thing that might cause a bad back would be getting stuck in the weave trying to roll out in the morning and falling. I've had some close calls XD

Mom in law who *never* sleeps more than an hour or so at a time due to some health problems is now ending her first week in a hammock. She gets at least 4 hours at a time now, which has not happened since before I met her almost 10 years ago now. The second she tries to lay in bed her back, hips, and legs start hurting/going numb again. The only thing that worries her is that she's woken up a few times completely rolled in the hammock like a burrito - webbing twisted to show she actually went completely 360 in it - with no idea how she got that way or how she didn't fall on her face.

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images
    When I backpack and sleep up to 12 hours in my hammock, it "fixes" my back.
    If it feels good, I doubt that it is doing you harm.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I've read that many members feel that hammocks actually help their back issues.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I feel that if it were to have a propensity to have adverse effects it would not have become such a popular choice for sleep and recreation. Many cultures use them in one way or another. They can't all be wrong. I say don't sweat it and Hang away!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonyspork View Post
    I've only been doing this about three weeks now, but so far the opposite is true. I have never slept better and never felt better. I get out of bed (hammock?) and I'm out and up! No stiff muscles, no numb limbs, no popping back/neck for the first half of the day, nothing! The only thing that might cause a bad back would be getting stuck in the weave trying to roll out in the morning and falling. I've had some close calls XD

Mom in law who *never* sleeps more than an hour or so at a time due to some health problems is now ending her first week in a hammock. She gets at least 4 hours at a time now, which has not happened since before I met her almost 10 years ago now. The second she tries to lay in bed her back, hips, and legs start hurting/going numb again. The only thing that worries her is that she's woken up a few times completely rolled in the hammock like a burrito - webbing twisted to show she actually went completely 360 in it - with no idea how she got that way or how she didn't fall on her face.
    Wow that's crazy! My diy hammocks I make for my and friend it's hard to roll out tbh you actually got to basically got to turn it to get dumped out. I'm curious how she did that >_>
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I feel that if it were to have a propensity to have adverse effects it would not have become such a popular choice for sleep and recreation. Many cultures use them in one way or another. They can't all be wrong. I say don't sweat it and Hang away!
    Yah well also use to be water beds use to be a big thing with everyone also but those were proven to be bad for your back. But I, not Gana go back to my bed anyways I have never slept this good in my life consistently
    Paragon Fury

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Alright good deal! Wasn't planning in going back to my bed anyways just wanted to hear a few people's opinions/experiences if it were bad for ,y back I wouldn't go back to a bed I would just try and figure out a flatter lay thanks guys!
    Paragon Fury

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    But I'm wondering is this Gana mess up my back or something? Anyone els sleep in their hammock as a bed?
    Thaks guys so much for all the help me advise you guys give me!
    I can only speak from my experience. While I don't sleep fulltime in my hammock, I would if I could get by with it. The wife has nixed that idea for now.

I know that I have degenerative disk disease (basically the disks in my lower back are slowly dissolving). In my lumbar area I have a degenrative disk that in front of the disk there is calcification forming and behind there is a bone spur. It can and has been painful in the past, however, I feel no pain when in my hammock (my back gets a greater streatch and alignment) and I actually feel a greater range of movement and less overall discomfort the following day after sleeping in my hammock (this generally after a half or full day of hiking prior). Again, I can only attest to my experience but I can find no fault with sleeping fulltime in a hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast