Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Yah well also use to be water beds use to be a big thing with everyone also but those were proven to be bad for your back. But I, not Gana go back to my bed anyways I have never slept this good in my life consistently
    Apples and oranges. Waterbeds were a fad. Fun, nontheless, but a fad.

Hammocks have been used before the "New World" was founded. I wouldn't consider over 500 years of continual use as a fad.

I sleep better at any hang (or backyard) in my hammock that my bed cannot compare to. My wife LOVES our bed, but every once in a while, I need to sleep out back in the hammy to get my body right.

Many older hikers here stopped hiking due to the bad nights on the ground, until they met their new hammock beds. Many will tell you now they can get out again BECAUSE of their hammock saving their backs, legs, etc.

And yes, there are a lot of full time hammockers on this here forum
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Yah well also use to be water beds use to be a big thing with everyone also but those were proven to be bad for your back. But I, not Gana go back to my bed anyways I have never slept this good in my life consistently
    LOL water hammock
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    But I'm wondering is this Gana mess up my back or something? Anyone els sleep in their hammock as a bed?
    Thaks guys so much for all the help me advise you guys give me!
    An unqualified YES, it is going to mess up your back BAD!!!! So please, immediately send me all your hammock gear for disposal so it doesn't mess up anyone elses back.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountnman View Post
    I have a temperpedic mattress for my bad back and I have a hammock hanging in my gear room in basement. I prefer the comfort of my hammock over my bed. Getting the wife to get with the program is the tough part.
    I have one in the basement too. Wonder how it would go over if I retired to the basement every night?
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    Hammocks always make my back feel better. My knees are a different story. No matter how flat a lay I get, I'll wake up with sore knees if I don't use a small pillow underneath them. I think it's a hyperextension thing combined with my not so great knees.

Images
    ^ my husband has a similar problem with his knees (he blew out his ACL in a bike mishap)... but it's worse in a bed. I think it's helpful that we use a Mayan, which you can make little pillows and pockets out of by gathering more and less of the weave underneath you

A/B -- I found with both the Brazilian and 'camping' hammocks we've used the past few weeks before getting the Mayan, it's nearly impossible to sleep comfortably on your side. Again with the Mayan, it's actually the most comfortable (to me at least) to side-sleep across the 'wide' part of the hammock, completely perpendicular to the hang. This thing is 10-12' wide though. In the solid-sheet hammocks I was able to 'fake' a side-sleeping position by strategically tucking my blanket under me so I was sort-of lifted on one side (still lying across the diagonal for flatness). The suspension and give of the hammock took care of the rest. I'm really quickly becoming a back-sleeper though.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonyspork View Post
    ...I'm really quickly becoming a back-sleeper though.
    I also am a side sleeper. Many times I started on my back in the hammy and "thought" I should try to go to the side. By morning, I am always on my back and wake totaly refreshed.

Best sleep in a short amount of time. I can get 4-6 hours of super quality sleep that I cannot any other way and I am ready to go when I wake. It's weird and I like it.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post
    I just bought my first hammock, and like many of you, hope for a better night's sleep with my hip pain.

I have NOT been successful getting a good night's sleep, in 6 tries. I am a side sleeper, and just can't seem to get comfortable.

Any suggestions? Just keep at it?

Do you tend to sleep on your backs? I'd be curious as to how most people sleep in the hammock.

Thanks!
    I had this issue also when getting into hammocks as I a, also a side/ stumic sleeper.
    But I found for me personally I have my hammock strung a bit more tight then most with my fixed ridge line. Most people use their ridge line sag set around 83%of the hammock length from one end to the other end laid flat.
    I haven't taken the time to figuer out what % my hammock is set up with the ridge line yet but I know mines pulled a bit tighter then seems like most others and now I can sleep on my side stumic and back how ever I want perfectly fine! so after laying diagonal I would maybe try tightening it up a bit?
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsguy View Post
    An unqualified YES, it is going to mess up your back BAD!!!! So please, immediately send me all your hammock gear for disposal so it doesn't mess up anyone elses back.
    Hahaha all my gear is DIY anyways doesn't even look good lol
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    I loved my waterbed!...made my back happy, go figure.

I call the Ridgerunner my healing chamber, seriously fixes my joint problems. I think its either the lack of pressure points...or maybe Warbonnet voodoo...???

Not sure, but it works!

Cheers

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast