Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Final Quality of product? falling out humor

Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    what happens if you fall out of your hammy whilst inside though?
    You would definitely not be the first person to fall through their bug netting out of their hammock. It is funny to watch someone do, catching it on video is difficult, set up a motion activated game camera if you camp with someone who eats a lot of sugar, tries to use a pee bottle or bed pan in their hammock, or just wiggles around a lot trying to get into a sleeping bag etc. This was very common back in the 1960-70s when we used tiny army surplus jungle hammocks with integrated tarp, net, hammock all in one that were far to short and narrow. These can still be purchased today, but why would you?

More seriously: Have the Nube shelter systems been released yet and how do people like them? How is the production quality?

Hammock
    Grand trunk duo
    Tarp
    none yet
    Insulation
    open to advice
    Suspension
    Eno slap straps
    Hang Nation,
    From what I have read, the Nube system is in production. Orders for those that were a part of the building (i guess finical) were filled first and from the web site said should be in hand by this July. Other orders will ship in August and who knows from there. I really like how the owners have done this, build a will thought out product, offer it at a far price and give back in so many ways to others.
    I am a new hanger, love the thought of not having to pack so much as we did when we were kids and our parents had to buy a trailer to get it all in for a 'Week"--I have seen the light (get it--LIGHT) now, a ultra light pack, shelter system, hammock and the basics for a few days is FREEDOM-- the Dawg brings his own. More gto come when I get my SMR System. Anyone out there hanging in Germany?
    Thanks
    RtTraveler

Hammock
    BLACKBIRD XLC
    Tarp
    Ridge Outdoor Gear
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/ MMSS
    Suspension
    Atlas/Mantis
    I don't normally like reviving dead topics, but I was curious if anyone here has tested one of these out? It looked like you could use any hammock with it, not just SMR hammocks. Just looking for some insight.
    Attended: 3rd annual Smoke Butt Hang; PSH Fall Sprawl 2015; Potts Preserve 2015; HangCon2016; HangCon2018; HangCon 2019; HangCon 2020; HangCon 2021
    Attending: HangCon 2022 (UnConfirmed)

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    One of the Assistant Scoutmasters in our troop has a Nube and likes it pretty well for car camping. Getting the sleeves right can be tricky and he's gotten wet when they weren't quite right.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Images
    I have one and have used it 3 times on trips. It is great for car camping or kayak camping. My last trip with it was in the okeefenokee swamp (very buggy). I love the spaciousness of it on the inside, it doesn't feel claustrophobic at all! It will work with most gathered end hammocks.
    It rained 2 nights and 2 days on us and I was completely dry the entire time. After the rain the mosquitos came out in force! I could hear them buzzing all night trying to get to me but the bugnet on the Nube kept them at bay.
    Very well made piece of equipment, my only issue is no "porch mode".

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    I don't normally like reviving dead topics, but I was curious if anyone here has tested one of these out? It looked like you could use any hammock with it, not just SMR hammocks. Just looking for some insight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234