Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Dynaglide woopies? Vs amsteel woopies?

Hey guys viper here!
    I know their are sevril ways of suspension for a hammock what had caught my eye so far is the woopies what I currently have and ucrs (haven't tried yet but the idea seems alright) I'm not fond of ending up on the ground when trying to Kay in my hammock and seems like a decent few havw with ucrs. And I know the chances aren't high of it happening but just rather avoid it ever happening tbh lol.
    So what if I just took dynaglide and made woopie slings out of them? Would save a tad bit of weight right? While still working exactly the same as woopies? Thanks guys!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River & Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    yep I think DynaGlide is fine though recommended for not so big guys under 200 is what I have seen. I'm right at 200 and been tempted but will stay with amsteel for right now.

Hammock
    Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    We messed around a good bit with the UCRs and did not like how they only pulled on the constricting bury from one side (not counting the triple prussic). They are way to easy to let you down, you can slide them open even with the hammock loaded. Plus you have a large increase in the minimum hang distance from trees because of the two fixed eye locked brummel buries on each one.
    As for dnyaglide whoopee, to each his own but not for me, rating is to low and even a bit of wear leaves you wondering if tonight will be the night. In my opinion 7/64th Amsteel really does not increase weight or bulk enough to justify using anything different.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    We messed around a good bit with the UCRs and did not like how they only pulled on the constricting bury from one side (not counting the triple prussic). They are way to easy to let you down, you can slide them open even with the hammock loaded. Plus you have a large increase in the minimum hang distance from trees because of the two fixed eye locked brummel buries on each one.
    As for dnyaglide whoopee, to each his own but not for me, rating is to low and even a bit of wear leaves you wondering if tonight will be the night. In my opinion 7/64th Amsteel really does not increase weight or bulk enough to justify using anything different.
    ^^ Not to say I agree with everything, but this guy ^ works with Dutch. As in, Dutch bling. Hope this info may help you. Their products will help you achieve UL if your looking for it.

If your trying to cut into ounces and half ounces then yes, Dynaglide is fine for the whoopies. It also helps to cut a little of the bulk.

The UCR's will cut a lot more into both weight and bulk. Depending on your definition of "a lot"
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I weigh 185 and I use dynaglide whoopies. They've kept me in the air so far. Tried the UCRs and didn't care for them. Didn't like the minimum distance or the increased potential for slippage.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    I've had some friends that had some slippage issues. I've never had an issue and for me...I love my UCRs. I switched all my hammocks from whoopies to UCRs. I was about 220# and used some dynaglide UCRs for about 4 months with no issues. I went back to 7/64 amsteel just for piece of mind. I'm currently down a bit from that weight and about to switch back to the dynaglide. Dynaglide should work fine for whoopies.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Well the more I hear about ucrs the less I wana use them rofl!
    Ill stick with amsteel then. I need to figuer out a better way to fig my ridge line sometime but I guess it's working for now well see if I end up on the ground from it lol
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    just got some dynaglide in the mail from dutch. that stuff is super tiny!! i was debating on whether to use it for ridgelines or whoopies. the thinness definitely has me a little worried. maybe i will do whoopies, but just for my kids?

I hang from dynaglide whoopies. They're light and cheap. I'm 200 lbs and feel perfectly comfortable with them. UCR are really stable if you have them rigged properly. A zing it prussik will hold nicely on dynaglide.

-Loki

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    I would feel safe with Dynaglide whoopies. I tried out some UCR's today, and although I did not feel like the lines were going to break, I did experience the unpleasant sensation of major slippage, as described in my recent thread in the suspension sub-forum. The UCR's were quite a bit lighter than my amsteel whoopies, at 13g for the pair vs 37g. It was just the slippage that has driven me away.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast