Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    one thing I can't understand why is the height of the bug netting so darn tall.
    It looks like from your pics that even if you were sitting up there would be
    several feet of wasted head room due to the excessively enormous pole used
    to support the head end netting.

Is this just an optical illusion or does it seem a tad extravagant?

( really I am just looking at all the pros and cons before buying one)
    I think a bit of extravagance is part of the idea on this thing.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Well I spent two night's in the vertex one with my girlfriend and one with out. I must say this thing is HUGE I know I have said it over and over again but if allot of room is what your looking for then this jewel has it. girlfriend and I set this up in record time for me it's been taken about 25 minutes to set up but that is only because I had set it up three times. this time and with no help from her I had it setup 17 minutes I am getting better at this thing.

when you have to hang two hammocks up it take a bit to get it right but you find out just like with all the other hammocks that once you get it setup and you find the place that works well for you then all you have to do is stand back and look at it and tell if it was right or not. Having said this it was a little tougher trying to get her side where it was going to be good for her. She got in twice and on the third time she liked it (THIRD TIME IS A CHARM)and had really not taken that into effect that I would have to make the other hammock right for whom ever was going to sleep in there beside me (JUST WAS NOT THINKING OF THAT) and should have thought about that in advance but I didn't. It all worked out and doing all of that in 17 minutes I thought was good but I think that now I see what I need to do I can beat that time buy about 5-6 minutes. The tarp came in handy the first night as we had a light rain come through and it did it's job. The Tarp is hung on it's own unlike the NA or NX so that is really nice you can put it up as high as you want and still have function of the hammock it's self. The rain that we got was not all that bad and in fact I think the weather shield would have done just fine but we didn't know what was going to come so we opted to put the tarp out.

The hammock lies like the NA in my opinion and my girlfriend had never really slept or camped in a hammock found that she really liked it and actually made her back feel better in the morning.

I never felt her move and don't know if she did or not but if she did I didn't feel it. and later I found out that she got out to us the bathroom so I never felt that either. She said about the same thing the only thing she knew was I unzipped the bug shield to start making breakfast.

we both had breakfast in bed and when we got up I looked at the hammock and it was still in same place that I had hung it the night before. The trap need readjusting but that was no big deal.

Second night was clear with no rain in the forecast and so we (my son and I ) slept with the weather shield and bug shield zipped of and tucked away in the pockets on the top of the foot end and we laid there for a long time watching the star's and talking and then we laid there awhile longer both listing to our Ipods tell we fell asleep next morning was breakfast in bed again. we/I don't even do that at home so it was nice to do that out in the woods.

Taken down was allot easier than the first time as now I know what to do to make it easier. It basically is stuffed the same way as all the other clarks except it has a flap that is folded over and velcro straps that secure it.

It's about 5 inches if i were to guess longer than the other models when it is packed up but it still was nice to be able to put in my pack and not lose allot of room.

well that is it for now.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Would you think it's possible to install ridgelines on the vertex so that you get the same sage everytime?

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin View Post
    Would you think it's possible to install ridgelines on the vertex so that you get the same sage everytime?
    Good question I don't see why it wouldn't the hammock is kind of wedged shaped meaning it higher on the head end than at the foot end so I am not sure how it would work I will look at that more the next time I put it up.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Clark Na

I just had a great Mothers Day with my new Clark NA and got a chance to really get a good look at it. I have not read any posts about the line of velcro from the last pocket towards the end of the hammock. My question to you all who have more experience with the Clark is what is it for. I can imagine making an underquilt to fit just that section, but I still have not seen or heard anyone else including Clarks web site talk about it. Sorry, I wish I had taken pictures. Any suggestions about what you use it for.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I guess my major concern about this is that on the CJH website, the "comfort" level still lists the maximum suggested weight for this hammock at 300 pds. Why is it that CJH is making one-person hammocks (i.e. NX-250) to fit people up to 350 pds, yet a 2-person can only hold 300? I would expect something of this nature to hold at least 500-600 pds. Otherwise, if each person averages over 150 pds it would have to be a no go. Am I missing something?

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    I guess my major concern about this is that on the CJH website, the "comfort" level still lists the maximum suggested weight for this hammock at 300 pds. Why is it that CJH is making one-person hammocks (i.e. NX-250) to fit people up to 350 pds, yet a 2-person can only hold 300? I would expect something of this nature to hold at least 500-600 pds. Otherwise, if each person averages over 150 pds it would have to be a no go. Am I missing something?
    YEP!! When I looked at Clark's web site, the Vertex says it can hold 300 pounds in the hammock, that's 300 on one side and 300 in the other side. Plus it has some kind of storage between the hammocks that'll hold 200 pounds. Look at the little picture, it shows 300 pounds for each of the beds in the vertex.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thanks Tina! I went back and searched the site some more and found the info. It definitely looks like a great option... although I must say that if you get the option with the Weathershield, the entire package is 5lb, 13oz. and the rainfly and poles only weigh just over a pound. That means, as the male of the duo, I'll end up hauling 80% of the load. :-(

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    all 4 lbs of it, buddy- still, 4season tent for two starts at 6 lbs or thereabouts.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    all 4 lbs of it, buddy- still, 4season tent for two starts at 6 lbs or thereabouts.
    Life just isn't fair sometimes. Good point about the 4 season tent weight though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast