Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    The concern I have off the top is how much constriction force you get on the loop. You need the chinese finger action to clamp the inner line aa the outer one is pulled tight.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    The concern I have off the top is how much constriction force you get on the loop. You need the chinese finger action to clamp the inner line aa the outer one is pulled tight.
    I see your point. I also notice your from rochester
    NY aswell. Small world..

Hammock
    eno double/ GT double/ tablecloth
    Tarp
    GG 13x13
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I just wrap the loop end thru the hammock channel 3 or 4 times to move the whoopie exit closer.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Just to trow something else is as food for thought, there is a recommended ratio between the diameter of the object the eye is going around the the length of the eye. The minimum is 3:1 and the recommended is 5:1. For example if you're going around a 1 inch object you should have 5 inches from far side of the object to the start of the bury. I believe this is to lessen the lateral stress on the bury.

I'm interested to see what type of strength this new eye has. The traditional fixed eye retains 100% of the listed strength since it is the splice used in testing. Now when you use that eye as a larks head you're down to 60% strength. So, the question is if this setup does better than that?

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    Just to trow something else is as food for thought, there is a recommended ratio between the diameter of the object the eye is going around the the length of the eye. The minimum is 3:1 and the recommended is 5:1. For example if you're going around a 1 inch object you should have 5 inches from far side of the object to the start of the bury. I believe this is to lessen the lateral stress on the bury.

I'm interested to see what type of strength this new eye has. The traditional fixed eye retains 100% of the listed strength since it is the splice used in testing. Now when you use that eye as a larks head you're down to 60% strength. So, the question is if this setup does better than that?
    I wish I had the means to test this, about the only thing I could think of would be make a dog bone, with this at one end and pull it with my truck until it snaps lol Not to scientific but, if the traditional locked Brummel fails and this hold, I would have to assume this is stronger...

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Saw this post, Braves not winning, amsteel looking neglected. Nothing to do but make these. Put them on a Hennessy DJ today and hung it on TD stand. Tested tonight while watching for the natural fire works or light show. Saw a couple streaking across the sky but also saw distant lightening so light show postponed. Anyway, the slings worked great. Didn't fall, didn't stretch.

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cncswiss1 View Post
    I just wrap the loop end thru the hammock channel 3 or 4 times to move the whoopie exit closer.
    What he said.

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger View Post
    Saw this post, Braves not winning, amsteel looking neglected. Nothing to do but make these. Put them on a Hennessy DJ today and hung it on TD stand. Tested tonight while watching for the natural fire works or light show. Saw a couple streaking across the sky but also saw distant lightening so light show postponed. Anyway, the slings worked great. Didn't fall, didn't stretch.
    I have had mine on since I made them. Held me and the misses just fine, even during...... Well lets just say they held up to a non scientific dynamic load test lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234