DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Looks like a great hang, just curious, what kind of temps did you have?
    Really nice in the daylight hours probably around 75 - 78 F in the very early hours before the sun came up around 55 F. Around 0630 I was walking around with my bare legs and a poncho liner wrapped around my shoulders. I did not need a jacket or long pants. The hornets were out in full force as were the wasps, very few skeeters, most of the other insects were someplace else.

I left my mat and other under padding home, I just put a wool blanket under me. I wore minimal clothing. I was comfortable, no cold spots.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    dyi
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Varies

thanks for the swag

Hey All, Just wanted to thank Tim Marshall @ enlightenedequipment.com for the lovely quilt I won at the hang. Love the feel and color and am eager for it to cool off enough that I can use it. No more military sleeping bag/bivy for me!! And thanks Bigfoot for planning the hang, Rip for hosting the raffle and giving me the specifics I needed!!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    As it has been known to be said, timing is everything. I wish Russ and I could have been in Oregon during your hang. Gary showed us how nice twin lakes was on the PCT and we are anxious to go back. Your trees are ENORMOUS!!! Maybe next time. Hope you all had a great time, it sure looked like you did!
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

some video I shot with phone

Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    Diy bridge
    Images
    So, I brought my camera back from the trip and my daughter left the next day for a camp. Then it was lost, but now it's found!

Without further ado:

My buddy and I both had to work the weekend, but we snuck out just for Saturday night. This is the first HammockForums gathering for each of us, and we weren't sure what to expect. Wahtum is actually a pretty diverse place, with PCT thru hikers and developed camp sites nearby. Luckily, there was something delicate attached to the tree in that shot. Hark, a sign!

There were a couple more along the way, nice job! Not sure if RIP did these or someone else, but it helped muchly on our approach. The campsite was actually on the PCT, and the trail turned out to be quite easy to find. We figured since we were late to the party it would be easy to spot the group by looking for a gaggle of hammocks... turns out the group was diffused a bit. When we found the main group we almost walked past due to an apostate *tent* in the group!

We were amazed at how many kids/families were present! Some of them are doing DIY stuff of their own, very impressive. Eric's kid was a bit of a gearhead, Ben was a crawdad cooking connoisseur.

The rain held off until after the festivities, hooray for that! I understand there was thunder and lightning, but I wouldn't know: I slept through it all!

We loved our site, and it's pretty well hidden, here's the entrance to the spur trail:

Good times were had by all. And I a generous gift card from Warbonnet! Separate post about that upcoming in the Warbonnet forum...

Really great donations from so many folks. Wilderness Logics had at least half a dozen prizes to make sure most folks didn't leave empty handed. The only shot of me from this trip was on the way home

Thanks to Bigfoot for arranging, and RIP for running the show. Thanks Eric and Ben and Jerry for good times and great gear ideas. Thanks to my bud for taking time off work to join me. (He's an avid hanger, by the way, but not a forum member. Yet.)

Hammock Forums is a unique place on the big bad internet... open hearted and family friendly. Never seen its like.

And the weather cleared up beautiful for the return trip!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Great trip report.. it was a fun hang.. and it was great to meet you guys. Looking forward to seeing your WBRR at the winter hang!
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    The Kayak
    Tarp
    Exped scoutextreme
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Keltydownsb
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE & Tre Strp
    Mikayla got her UK Hammocks custom hammock. It looks nice and Mat was very nice to work with. Pics to come!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123