ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Used Eno Bug Net and misquotes still got my butt! Literally

So I went out Friday night into the Texas Hill Country with my wife. (It was her first hang) Generally, in the one person in a crowd that seems to attract all the misquotes. I hung my Eno DN and the ENO Guardian Bug Net. It was a hot day 106F and the night was hot as well 86F. I decided that I'd skip the sleeping pad I usually use so I could be cooler. I made sure the bug net was singed up at the ends and I was all zipped up but about 10 minutes after laying I got a bite in the worst possible places by butt! Then another! Then the left elbow where it was pressing up against the side of the fabric. I came to the conclusion that perhaps I was hanging right up against the underside of the bug net and so it was pressed up against the hammock and the misquotes were just landing on the net and biting though it with their stingers.

Does that sound logical?

Anyways to fix this situation I disconnected the net from the ridge line (it attached with a series of nylon hooks so it would hang lower.) It seems that helped with my rear issues and for the arm up against the side of the hammock I thought I'd place my pillow as a buffer.

My wife was in her Netted Yukon Outfitters hammock from Woot.com which has an attached net on the top only and she didn't get a bite at all. But then again like I said I'm the one they usually like.

So anyone else have issued when your net is against your hammock? I didn't think I hung the bug net too high but it was on it's own ridge line.

Any advice?
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    WB BB xlc
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The first time I used my ENO I had the same problem, I got bit on my elbows and knees.
    I ended up spraying the net and hammock with Premethrin. The next time I used it I had no issues, but the bugs weren't as bad as the first time.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    13x10camo, SuprFly
    Insulation
    Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    webbing,biners,RL
    Sounds logical. Ideally you'd want at least a few inches between the net and the hammock. This is something you'll have to trial and error in your yard. Maybe have someone get in your hammock while you adjust the netting to get the space you need.

My hammock has a built in netting and I'll get bit if there's not a layer between me and the hammock. My BA bag with pad in the sleeve prevents any bites.

• + New Posts