Hammock
    HH Exped Zip

Hanging with Kids

At the end of September, I will be attending investiture camp with my boys. My oldest, a scout, will most likely be in a tent with another scout or hanging nearby under his own tarp. But my youngest, a Beaver, will be with me. Since I am both a Scout and Beaver leader I need to be there for atleast one night (hopefully both).

I am looking for different hammock set ups so we can be under the same tarp. I have a guide tarp from MEC. Instructions or tips would be helpful.

Also, suggestions on keeping the younger one warm in a hammock, it can get down to 0C or lower (32F). I am in the process of making double layer hammocks for both the boys. That way we can use sleeping pads until we can get or make under quilts. We do have the option of putting the seats down in the SUV and sleeping in there if the hammocks do not work (get too cold), so we do have a back up plan. Worst case, we come home at night.

Thanks.vv

Hammock
    DIY tableclothsfactory
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Two ideas for you:

A). I have set my tarp a little high and my hammock a little lower than normal, then hung my daughter's hammock just above my hammock. Like a double-decker. We were both covered by the one tarp and she was close enough to feel safe from all the noises of the dark.

B). My son is a Wolf this year and we have gone on two different camp outs. We have not upgraded him to an under quilt yet because of cost. We have just used his sleeping bag in a "Pea Pod" style around the hammock and him. He would also be wearing flannel pajamas. He is a warm sleeper but has never once gotten cold. Temps down to 40 F.

Oh and welcome to Hammock Forum!

Hammock
    HH Exped Zip
    Thanks,

I will try the set up two weekends from now when I know I will be finished the hammocks. I will take pictures and if you or anyone else sees something I could do better let me know.

• + New Posts