Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug

Who wants to camp in the Washington DC/VA/MD area?

I'm looking to do some camping in the Washington DC/VA/MD area, but I'm a novice when it comes to camping. Anyone in the area willing to show me a few pointers?

I've spent one night in my hammock. Just some basic car camping. No meal prep, or other camping activities like that. I'm itching to go for a bike camping trip along the c&o, but I feel like I wouldn't know where to start planning.

Experience is what I need!

Hammock
    Eno One-Link
    Tarp
    Dreams of Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow 20 top Pads
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    I think if you get on YouTube and start watching videos on hiking, camping and ultra-light back packing you can learn a tremendous amount. I have been reading for years about outdoor sports ad hiking, climbing peaks in NY and snow shoeing for years, however, YouTube has taught me a ton and taken my confidence and knowledge to a new level in a bunch of my interest areas.
    Sign up for the hang in October near Harpers Ferry https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=74524
    If you do not mind the driving distance, do the hang up in NY or down in NC on Sept too 20th and 21st. Car camping is always a great way to work your way into more remote camping.
    NY is listed in NE and NC is listed in SE but both are about equidistant from the Baltimore/DC area. I am doing NY. I have family close to the hang I can visit when up there.

Quote Originally Posted by rockroot=:-( View Post
    I think if you get on YouTube and start watching videos on hiking, camping and ultra-light back packing you can learn a tremendous amount. I have been reading for years about outdoor sports ad hiking, climbing peaks in NY and snow shoeing for years, however, YouTube has taught me a ton and taken my confidence and knowledge to a new level in a bunch of my interest areas.
    Sign up for the hang in October near Harpers Ferry https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=74524
    If you do not mind the driving distance, do the hang up in NY or down in NC on Sept too 20th and 21st. Car camping is always a great way to work your way into more remote camping.
    NY is listed in NE and NC is listed in SE but both are about equidistant from the Baltimore/DC area. I am doing NY. I have family close to the hang I can visit when up there.
    First, your link is to NEHHA, which is in Mass. Secondly MAHHA is up in the air right now as to location, but there are other hangs to attend.

• + New Posts