Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Suspension
    Webbing+Rings
    OK, took out the NX-250 for a test run, great hammock but for the poles. I can understand the complaints better now. They work, but are finicky to work with, came apart when I was threading them through. Let's see what Clark comes up with as an upgrade...

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird 11ft
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Thanks for the update mitchamaphone. Does anyone know when they will be shipping out orders with the upgraded poles? I sent an email on Sunday asking for confirmation that they were shipping this week, but haven't heard back.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    I spoke with them yesterday and was told my hammock would ship within 5 working days with the upgraded poles...
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle Strap
    order are shipping out in the end of this week and next week, so I was told on the phone.

The upgrade is that they installed some metal part inside the pole so it wouldn't come of as quick as it does now.

I asked about shock corded poles last week and they can't produce poles that will creat the proper arch. Bummer!!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, 15* TQ
    Suspension
    Web w/drip rings
    Images
    I talked to them (via e-mail) Monday and requested I have my hammock by Sept 5th. They shipped it yesterday without the pole upgrade and told me to remind them in a few weeks and they would send the new poles out for free. UPS ground is 5 days for me which is why they shipped it this week.

Looks like the new poles are taking longer to arrive than they anticipated since originally I was also told the new poles would be shipping early this week.

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Rocking_Chairs View Post
    I talked to them (via e-mail) Monday and requested I have my hammock by Sept 5th. They shipped it yesterday without the pole upgrade and told me to remind them in a few weeks and they would send the new poles out for free. UPS ground is 5 days for me which is why they shipped it this week.

Looks like the new poles are taking longer to arrive than they anticipated since originally I was also told the new poles would be shipping early this week.
    Same thing here.
    I called them on monday and they told me they would ship the poles in a couple of weeks. The ones that I got with mine are not too bad but I see why plp don't like them. They do come apart easy but that's not a issue wit me. I don't like how the metal parts that join the poles together snag on the material when threading them through the channels. Everything else abot the TXw-250 is perfect for my needs.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Well, you could do what I have not but should do: gently and carefully round and taper the corners so they don't snag. Should be easy to do with the aluminum. And you are right, is enough of a small nuisance that I leave the poles in and wrap the long and bulky bundle if I need to and have the storage, for example car-camping and fetching food while leaving nothing too-valuable behind.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Ordered my TX-250 on Aug. 15th and after hearing about the upgraded poles, waited to see what would happen.
    Called on the 19th and was told it would be shipped within 5 working days as they were awaiting the new upgraded poles.
    Called today and was told they might ship it next Monday or Tuesday if the pole's come in.
    So I asked to ship immediately and send the upgraded poles later at no charge. Hope to see it by Monday!
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

My nx250 will be here tomorrow!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast