Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I got the poles today.
    They have the exact same function as the original ones but weigh more.

The original poles on the left
    Last edited by spaceweaseal; 09-17-2013 at 08:17.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, 15* TQ
    Suspension
    Web w/drip rings
    Images
    Thanks, shot them an e-mail and if no response will give em a call after lunch...
    <Insert something witty and awe-inspiring>

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    As promised by Clark’s, my upgraded poles arrived yesterday, free of charge…
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by StormKingHiker View Post
    I, too, had some of the same reservations about the size/volume of the NX-150. The hammock (and all its accessories) is slightly bigger than my one-person EMS Velocity 1 tent that I use. The weight (once I swapped out the suspension for Whoopie All-In-One) is nearly identical. However, what I gain is a better night's sleep and the knowledge that I can put this thing up just about anywhere.

Plus, you get the "cool" factor !
    Clarks are not ultra light hammocks, they are light weight hammocks,and for nx or tx 150's with weather shield you will be at a higher weight than a comparably priced big agnes or msr tent. Thats why I sold my tx 150 with weather shield and bought a tropical ultra. It weighs the same as my dl WBB (26 ounces), and with my cuben HG tarp, I'm right at 2 pounds all in, but I had to do a custom dynaglide Ucr suspension to get there. The weather shield is a great option though, and I will be trying to make a detachable version out of pertex fabric for this fall, and then just leave it at home in the summer. I prefer being able to fully unzip the bugnet, and not being married to which side it opens up on, and ultimately prefer the design (bath tub shape is easier to use a sleeping pad which is also my pack frame so no under quilt) and the pockets on the outside.

Love the NX-250
    Zippers open the world in options and changing weather conditions--Bug netting is done brilliantly and is ALWAYS with the sytem.
    Boots dry in the morning when it was blowing rain all night is a great thing. So is having a quick store for urine bottle as well as easy find in the wee hours. I swapped to whooopies after the 2nd hang with it--had it for 3 years--bought one for grandson's graduation from Nursing school. He loves it.
    I put the fly in snakeskins and used Dutches tarp gear for it--I can hang the tarp in under a minute (less staking) and then the whoopies for the hammock in another couple. With Florida mosquitoes, and the biteproof bottom of the hammock, it doesn't get easier--or better, IMHO. But, I don't mind the weight and I fold and roll, then stuff in their built in bag with GREAT wide velcro patches that let you give it a second or third try to make really small.
    I havn't had the desire to try another hammock--this is my second one, but then again, it was my first REAL hammock--the other one (younger days) flipped me when I went to turn on my side and I spent the night on the ground in 40 degree weather.

....you love it to start, and, for me, it grew on me from there.

R.
    Last edited by Redisnoc; 09-29-2013 at 23:07. Reason: add picture

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redisnoc View Post
    Love the NX-250
    Zippers open the world in options and changing weather conditions--Bug netting is done brilliantly and is ALWAYS with the sytem.
    Boots dry in the morning when it was blowing rain all night is a great thing. So is having a quick store for urine bottle as well as easy find in the wee hours. I swapped to whooopies after the 2nd hang with it--had it for 3 years--bought one for grandson's graduation from Nursing school. He loves it.
    I put the fly in snakeskins and used Dutches tarp gear for it--I can hang the tarp in under a minute (less staking) and then the whoopies for the hammock in another couple. With Florida mosquitoes, and the biteproof bottom of the hammock, it doesn't get easier--or better, IMHO. But, I don't mind the weight and I fold and roll, then stuff in their built in bag with GREAT wide velcro patches that let you give it a second or third try to make really small.
    I havn't had the desire to try another hammock--this is my second one, but then again, it was my first REAL hammock--the other one (younger days) flipped me when I went to turn on my side and I spent the night on the ground in 40 degree weather.

....you love it to start, and, for me, it grew on me from there.

R.
    Good to hear a new voice, mentioning some valuable points.

• Bilateral zippers and the (minimal) weight of extra sliders are valuable.*
    • Value of external pockets, now called, elsewhere, "saddlebags."
    • Folding before stuffing makes for smaller package
    • Included stuff sack is designed, not an afterthought.
    • Once you are accustomed to a level of support (from stiffer fabric) it is natural to prefer it.
    [/LIST]

*I dunno how with some other and super-wide hammocks you can set up optimally for wind AND also optimize your view. You face in one direction, and have an obstructed view on the other side.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Insulation
    JRB MT Wash4 &amp; ORM
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl B. Andersen View Post
    And now I see the NX-150 I just got has been put on sale and lowered $100.00!!!!!!!!
    Nothing was said to me about these going on sale.
    That irritates me a little bit.
    I'm hanging in a Clark now due to the weather shield for these Canadian winters but several years ago I ordered some gear from Hennessey and of course the next week that gear went on sale. I called their support number a week later with a question and who answers, Tom himself, after he solved my problem I mentioned missing the sale by one week, he asked my name, and said I'll take it off of your next order. Well three hammocks later I still buy HH gear, love my Clark but Tom a hennessey has made me a customer for life.

More businesses should realize good customer service keeps them coming back.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345