SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River & Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies

Don't break the bobbin case...

Broke the bobbin case on my wife Singer Imperial 7037 self winding bobbin machine. Oops. Tiny diecast metal part for the thread I went to swap out her bobbin for mine and caught the metal lip and it broke. $30 later and I have a replacement ordered that will arrive sometime next week.

Though I blame it on age as that machine is over 25 years old, and this is the original case. It was missing a small screw that the wife says she had never seen, but this machine has been moved probably a dozen or more times since the wife has owned it.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River & Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Ugh, new bobbin case and still doesn't work. Took it to a local sewing shop and think the lady was surprised that a guy came through the doors. Took the time to explain what was going on and she asked me to bring the machine in.

Took it in and showed her the new bobbin case and after she looked at it for a minute saw the timing was way off, also explains why it didn't zig zag worth a **** as she said it was skipping stitches. She thanked me for not attempting to re time the machine and I told her that was best left for someone with more skill than me which she thanked me again. She thinks the timing being off is what caused the bobbin case screw to come loose after many years, this machine is 25 yrs old and never serviced.

I should get it back next Wednesday with a full through cleaning and timing adjustment. She quoted me $90.00 to clean and re time it but hopefully it runs like a raped ape as I have a tarp that needs to be finished up after altering it and a few odds and ends projects to get done.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    My first run in with a thread injector cost me $90 as well , think I got a whole 12" of stitching done before I crashed the needle into feed plate, resulting in timing being way off. Cheap plastic gears inside are easy to make jump a tooth or four... FYI lots of videos on setting timing on home machines available on YouTube. Easy to do and while you have things opened up a little oil here a little oil there and you can save the $90.

We use a lot stronger machines now and I can break needles all day with no timing issues...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River &amp; Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    My first run in with a thread injector cost me $90 as well , think I got a whole 12" of stitching done before I crashed the needle into feed plate, resulting in timing being way off. Cheap plastic gears inside are easy to make jump a tooth or four... FYI lots of videos on setting timing on home machines available on YouTube. Easy to do and while you have things opened up a little oil here a little oil there and you can save the $90.

We use a lot stronger machines now and I can break needles all day with no timing issues...
    LOL Since it is the wifes machine I prefer not to have to sleep outside in my hammock until I can get my tarp fixed.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigthor View Post
    LOL Since it is the wifes machine I prefer not to have to sleep outside in my hammock until I can get my tarp fixed.
    Still laughing at this..

Hammock
    WBBB
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator20
    Suspension
    Whoopie/webbing
    hahha lol "runs like a raped ape" never heard that expression before...thanks for the laugh. My mother still have the singer that she's own forever, i am hoping she'll pass it down to me one of these day...i asked her to sew some tree strap for me on my $99 singer....hopefully she got a hint

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River &amp; Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Yeah its funny several people asked why i would have it serviced instead of buying a new machine. I bet this thing will run better after a cleaning than a new machine. 25 yrs ago the wife paid 500 for it so in todays dollars i dont even want to think about what it would cost.

• + New Posts