HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    Thanks Sarge
    I am going to try and make it, even if its for one day.
    Cool, dude. But do leave Barbarella at home even if she is made of Kevlar.

First night camping may be affected by who is going to make it and when they arrive. If we're going to have folks coming from distances that would get them there after 1800, then its probably a good idea to make camp at that spot Caveman found. If its going to be local folks, then we can hike the three miles down to that spot you and I found when looking for the pond that turned out to be two ponds. Tree spacing was good there and relatively close together, almost close enough that we could sit on our hammocks and palaver around the fire. If we do that campground, then the next day's hike will be about 18 miles back to PL #1, you could do that in a day and still be home to change diapers when its your turn.

Unless the late arrivals don't mind a bit of night hiking. That campsite is at a good location, just after the Little Lake Loop crosses FS213A and is right off the trail.

I got an Evernew DX stand I'm dying to try out in "campfire" mode and do some testing with the Olicamp on a wood fire.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Hey Sarge, I'm going to do my best to make it to this. I'm trying to juggle a couple of trips in Sept, but this is on my list.

One small concern is the distance of the hike. 18 miles is a very long day of hiking for most people. Even though its on the LST which is all flat smooth sailing, it's a bit more of a trek than most people are up to. (with that out there....carry on planning buddy!)
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    We can cut 5 miles off of it fairly easily.

http://lonestartrail.org/maps/medium...derness_sc.pdf

There are essentially three loops that can be hiked. The 18 mile loop is using the Little Lake Loop and Pole Creek Trail to get back to the LST and then back to PL #1. We can cut 5 miles off of that by taking the Sand Branch to the LST up to the North Wilderness trail, and take another 4 1/2 miles off if we stay off the North Wilderness Trail.

I'm OK with up to 18-20 miles, but if everybody wants to do 10 or so, there's so many different ways to skin this cat we can get that done.

How much leg churning do you guys want to do?

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    RevelationX TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    It looks like it would be possible to cache some weight at or near the Saturday campsite in order to lighten up for the day-hike. I’d be up for the longer route but I’m also fine shortening it, if that’s what the group decides. It also should not be a problem splitting into more than one group for the Saturday hike. Whichever way, count me in.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaggleroot View Post
    It looks like it would be possible to cache some weight at or near the Saturday campsite in order to lighten up for the day-hike. I’d be up for the longer route but I’m also fine shortening it, if that’s what the group decides. It also should not be a problem splitting into more than one group for the Saturday hike. Whichever way, count me in.
    Yah, that works, too. As long as we have an agreed upon easily identified Saturday campsite, folks can elect to take the route and mileage they want, or even hike back to the Parking Lot to be home by Saturday night.

I plan on taking the day off Friday and caching water at the Saturday campsite, PL #2, the trail intersection 1.08 miles from PL #4, and the other 0.7 miles from PL#3. I can take some engineers tape (maybe Crime Scene tape would be more appropriate) and mark the location of the campsite.

Hammock
    ENO Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Pod
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Well, this sounds like quite the sausage fest! I may have to count myself in, assuming ya'll don't mind a noob with boobs... and her dog?... ^.^
    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views. - The Fourth Doctor

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
    Well, this sounds like quite the sausage fest! I may have to count myself in, assuming ya'll don't mind a noob with boobs... and her dog?... ^.^
    C'mon down. Bring the dog.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end tablecloth
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix 20
    Suspension
    Ready Straps
    I'm a maybe. If I can go I wont be able to make it out till around 6pm.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Evazote foam 1/4"
    Suspension
    Stock Straps
    Looks like this might be a good hang for my first time, If you guys don't mind another noob.

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packdaddy View Post
    Looks like this might be a good hang for my first time, If you guys don't mind another noob.
    Heck no! Welcome! Just plan to: Be lost, eat, eat, be lost. Wonder where the trail went, almost start a forest fire...repeat.
    Great group of people....
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast