WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    You get all the cool toys first... Good looking setup...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Great pics Caveman..
    I won't be able to check mine out until tomorrow or Monday..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I really like the idea of a three sided tarp It really gives good wind protection and you can stick the hammock all the way to the door side which gives good rain protection.
    I agree, just wondering out loud here...why make it two pieces? Why not just one piece, essentially a giant flap that seals the end up for inclement weather, with a small opening at top for the suspension. I mean, if you are going to use this piece it's because bad weather or cold weather is impending, I doubt I would use doors on my tadpole deployed but open...again, just thinking out loud here.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    I see Marty is selling them in any combination... THAT is service.......
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images

Re: Door Kit is here.

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    I agree, just wondering out loud here...why make it two pieces? Why not just one piece, essentially a giant flap that seals the end up for inclement weather, with a small opening at top for the suspension. I mean, if you are going to use this piece it's because bad weather or cold weather is impending, I doubt I would use doors on my tadpole deployed but open...again, just thinking out loud here.
    That would work well with a 3 sided approach if a sealed end is most important. You would need to run the suspension through the hole, though. This makes it difficult to add/remove/swap ends on a whim. Also limits for those who want 2 doors and need a way to enter/exit their setup. With the velcro i think you get the best of both worlds at the cost of a few ounces.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: Door Kit is here.

At least from my perspective... Removable means moveable... Storms in Texas change directions, winds and rain included... So being able to move the door end once setup would save you the trouble of having to rehang the whole tarp... But if you were in a place that storms came from the same direction all the time, I guess that would work...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    It makes it easier to get in and out, especially if you have one on each end. I have some doors on my HH Hex, affixed with Velcro on the end edges of the tarp. It keeps the rain out, but to get in I have to pull one edge loose, then fix back on. It also defines the shape of the tarp, allowing very little chance for adapting to different pitches on the tarp.

Images
    I guess I need to clarify...

In the 1 door scenario that is pictured, you would not need to go through that door. As I think Dutch said, you could hunker one end of the hammock further up in the tarp and leave the other end open. Point it into the wind, weather or whatever and go. If that is the plan, then why have the single door in two pieces? Just make it a delta shape, but a single piece? Just talking put loud...

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    I don't see any reason that wouldn't work Swank. If I'm thinking along the same lines as you are, the only downside I can think of is that you would have to take the suspension loose and feed it through the hole. Both the hammock and the tarp. Is that right? Or would it clip to the ridgeline with the hammock suspension in place?
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Looks GREAT!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast