Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Senior Member stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    Posts
    164
    I have and enjoy my double layer Claytor Jungle hammock. The diamond tarp it comes with works great for me. In my eyes $150 shipped is a great value for this system. Only trouble with this is the slow shipping times.
    That being said, my next hammock will be a Blackbird!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    I would have mentioned the BMBH as well, but one of his requirements is side entry.
    How do you get in a BMBH?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CA Central Valley
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    How do you get in a BMBH?
    From the head end - do a flip with a half twist from a standing position. Isn't that what the little bar is for?

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    From the head end - do a flip with a half twist from a standing position. Isn't that what the little bar is for?
    LOL. I always wondered about that bar!

  5. #15
    Senior Member keys?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Van Meter, IA
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Posts
    414
    Images
    15
    hey jgard-

    I've had the same dilemma over hammocks. It's clark NA vs Warbonnet. I've been told the clark NA keeps you super dry & warm, but the warbonnet has the utmost comfort. This is what I've gathered.

    I'm gonna attempt a thru of the AT next year and am thinking about buying them both, since I can't decide! Use the clark NA for the first few months (thinking about starting earlier than most), and then have the warbonnet mailed sometime later down the trail. It might be a retarded idea, but I'm in the position to do so financially. Think I'm gonna go with warbonnet guys larger tarp though, or clarks xl tarp. Don't know if I was of any help. Good luck!

  6. #16
    Senior Member keys?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Van Meter, IA
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Posts
    414
    Images
    15
    also, I just finished reading Ed Speers Hammock Camping book, and I don't feel quite as dumb about the whole subject anymore. I found it to be very informative

  7. #17
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    I'm gonna attempt a thru of the AT next year and am thinking about buying them both, since I can't decide!
    Atta Girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    also, I just finished reading Ed Speers Hammock Camping book, and I don't feel quite as dumb about the whole subject anymore. I found it to be very informative
    Great book. I lent mine out 2 weeks ago. The guy I lent it to emailed me last night to tell me he bought a sewing machine. Doesn't take long for that addiction to set in.
    Trust nobody!

  8. #18
    Senior Member NorseAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palm City, FL
    Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Posts
    266
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    hey jgard-

    I've had the same dilemma over hammocks. It's clark NA vs Warbonnet. I've been told the clark NA keeps you super dry & warm, but the warbonnet has the utmost comfort. This is what I've gathered.

    I'm gonna attempt a thru of the AT next year and am thinking about buying them both, since I can't decide! Use the clark NA for the first few months (thinking about starting earlier than most), and then have the warbonnet mailed sometime later down the trail. It might be a retarded idea, but I'm in the position to do so financially. Think I'm gonna go with warbonnet guys larger tarp though, or clarks xl tarp. Don't know if I was of any help. Good luck!
    Great "excuse" to aquire more than one

    I purchased a BB 1.7 double and love it. I am broad shouldered, and this hammock is roomy. Buying a 1.1 Double for my son. The lay is real flat with pleanty of room to roam. Foot box is great.

    NA

  9. #19
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    How do you get in a BMBH?
    Bridges are top loaders.

  10. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hughesville, PA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Termarest Z Lite
    Posts
    14
    What rainflys does everyone recommend with the Blackbird? I can't afford the Warbonnet Superfly which is what I would love to have right now, but maybe something in the $100 range. ANy preferences over a diamond vs square style fly?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-14-2015, 13:58
  2. Help! Choosing the Right Hammock For ME!
    By The Old Boot in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 20:41
  3. Choosing a hammock for someone...
    By Owl in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 22:11
  4. very first time choosing a hammock, yes I ve been reading
    By davidvcd in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 13:12
  5. Need some help choosing a hammock stand
    By domromer in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 22:29

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •