Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    I've not had problems with prusiks but three votes for the klemheist has my curiosity piqued. "Any issues under windy conditions?" I said hijacking my own thread.
    The only problem, which really isn't, with the klemgeist is that it only provides tension against slipping in one direction. And that shouldn't matter when using it for tarp tensioning on a continuous ridgeline.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I only have the klemheist holding my tarp in position on the ridgeline, but I haven't had any issues with wind. Last year we were camping on the shore of Lake Superior and had a storm come in with winds directly off the lake. I was wondering if I was going to get blown away, trees and all, but the knots never moved. If anything the problem is getting them to move when you want reposition the tarp on the ridgeline.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Any prussic needs to be dressed properly to hold. The way prussics are being used here you have the luxury of time to make them correctly and set them on your line. In a rescue situation, we need to prussic to catch a load. That is not how we are using them here. Tie them cleanly, dress them so that the loops are flat and to the outside and then set them tightly. A properly tied and dressed prussic will not break unless you break it.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    ASM Troop 140
    North Ridgeville, Ohio

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrescue View Post
    Any prussic needs to be dressed properly to hold. The way prussics are being used here you have the luxury of time to make them correctly and set them on your line. In a rescue situation, we need to prussic to catch a load. That is not how we are using them here. Tie them cleanly, dress them so that the loops are flat and to the outside and then set them tightly. A properly tied and dressed prussic will not break unless you break it.
    Thank you and well said. I knew if I read to the end of the thread instead of just anwering, I would find you(anyone other than me) had beat me to answering it.

Like any knot. A prussic knot will only work as advertised if properly made and applied. Recheck any knot you make EVERY time you use it, not just when first made.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrescue View Post
    Amen brother!!!! If your going to hang your butt from it you better dress it and check it. I've used prussics in all of the applications mentioned in this thread plus a few others over the last couple of decades. The only time I've had trouble with them is when I've failed to dress and check.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12