I would like to build a very weight and volume efficient complete hammock
sleep system. help me out with building the shopping list. let me know if
there are any products out there I should be swapping one item or another
for. Money is no object. I am looking for the lightest, most compact
system I can carry for packrafting canadian summers. Ideally, hammock,
tarp and sleep system would be great if I could squeeze it all into one
25L dry bag.
My 350sq/ft gear room is starting to spill over into
the garage, so i may flush out some bags, hammocks and quilts to fund
this little venture in the 4 sale section.
Here is the SUL hammock rig i am dreaming of:
- warbonnet travel hammock single layer 1.1oz (7.1oz)
- 28ft of amsteel 3/16" rope suspension (including structural RL) (4.1oz)
- 2 modified lg fig-9's main hammock support + 2 mini fig 9's tarp support (2.1oz)
- Maccat Standard tarp in SpinnUL (8.3oz)
- 50ft of speer 1/16" no tangle guy lines (0.9oz)
- 20deg +2oz speer peapod III (42oz)
- modified bug net for peapod face hole (1oz)
- no tree-huggers (0oz)
- no tarp stakes (0oz)
- 1 25L POE valved RT dry bag. (6.1oz)
total weight, waterproofed in dry bag: 4lbs 7.6oz
the only items I dont yet own are the
maccat tarp and warbonnet hammock.
anyone talk me into something different before I make a purchase ?
I do have the warbonnet dbl layer 1.1oz hammock. I was thinking
I could use that and maybe shove my paddling clothes in the pad
pocket for extra warmth if needed. (provided they are dry enough).