Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    ...I ask, because in researching buying a hammock, many assume a left head right foot position in making the hammock, and in one thread, Papa Smurf had mentioned it straining the webbing if you lie in a hammock made for left to right in a right to left position (I'm still not sure if I want integrated netting or not but ike i said, "research mode"....).
    My hammock is a hybrid channel/gathered end with DIY removeable bugnet. There is no right/wrong side to my hammy. Either side is fine depending on the hike (what hurts) and the view. HYOH (Hang Your Own Hang)

Go to some local group hangs and due on-site research.

Good luck and have fun.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth struc. ridgeline
    Tarp
    Noahs Tarp 12
    Insulation
    Blue WM pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    Hello,

Here's total newbie question for you....

How do I know what my natural laying angle is if I've never used a hammock before? What if I'm a right-to-lefty and don't know it!?!?
    I have my head close to one side, and my feet close to another. I've slept either angle in terms of left/right.
    Time is but the stream I go afishing in. Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth struc. ridgeline
    Tarp
    Noahs Tarp 12
    Insulation
    Blue WM pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post
    I am new to hanging myself, so when I've used my DIY hammock this summer (tablecloth gathered end) I've been switching head-left, head-right night to night, trying to figure out if I have a preference (...so that someday if I go with the WBBB XLC or similar I'll know which way to specify it...).

So far my observation is that it's more or less equal on either side for me. Almost seems to matter more which way I am oriented to the rest of the campsite, other campers, etc.
    )
    My observation as well. I basically prefer to have my foot side closer to the other campers, that way my face is facing them as well.
    Time is but the stream I go afishing in. Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Made my OWN!
    Insulation
    Pad and Bag.
    Suspension
    Whoopies Slings
    I've experimented with this pre and post surgery. I've always been a left side head, right side foot hanger. I am left handed. It does feel weird the other way, however I've found that the pressure points on my hips and legs change and that for brief periods it does feel more comfortable. I think it is one of those things like which eye do you shoot with, or which foot do you water ski with in front, or which foot do you kick with....

I sleep with my head towards which ever side I'm getting in and out of my hammock from. I have a clark nx-150 and love being able to get in and out on either side. I like hanging on hillsides too, where tent campers wouldn't dream of trying to sleep! I usually get into my hammock from the uphill side in these situations

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz

Wow! Can you say OMG???

O.M.G!!!

I just went to the market and one of the stores across the street had some hammocks (vivere) in the window. One was parachute and the other cotton threads. Anyway the cotton one was on a hammock stand and so I went for it.

The moment I layed down (left to right) something in my spine melted, and I was happy, relaxed and if I stayed on it any longer than you reading this, I would have fallen asleep. So I got up, and went for the right to left way. I'm assuming it didn't have a head side (I'll have to look to online make sure), but it was just okay, nothing special.

I don't think I want an integrated net, that was clear. And I don't know if I am truly a left to right hanger - it was afterall in a window display, but a simpler hammock will allot for me to do what I want depending on the moment, like I do in a bed.

And now I'm left wishing I had decided to buy a hammock sooner, so I'd have one sooner!

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    [QUOTE=Singingcrowsings;1075561]Was there anything that indicated this before you bought your hammock, like the way you sleep in bed?

No, don't sleep that way in bed. Some hammocks are made to sleep one way or the other. Some, it doesn't matter unless you have a knotty mod gathering the loose material up.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    OES Ultra
    Insulation
    Under Ground Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm so head to the right and feet to the left, I had Papa Smurf make my Dream Hammock specific for that configuration.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12