So, it's time to get off of my behind and start planning the second annual Summer's Last Gasp Hang. Last year, a blast was had by all.

I figure Hidden Pond in ONF is a good spot; it's central for everyone and far enough back into the woods that it actually requires an hike in. Parking is available at Juniper Springs (~5 miles to the south of Hidden Pond, on the Florida Trail, gated and monitored, costs $12.72 per night per vehicle) and Pat's Island (~3.5 miles north on the FT, not gated or monitored but 2 miles back off of the main road, free). There are multiple other trail heads on the FT, but those are the two closest.

I figure on hiking in from further out...maybe down at SR 19 again, maybe somewhere to the north (never been north of Pat's Island in ONF...). If anyone is interested, I'm probably looking to put in a 15 to 25 mile day. We can talk...

During the hang, I'd like to put together at least one hike to a nearby spring--either Silver Glen Springs (over by the Yearling Trail at the north end of the prairie) or Juniper Springs. I figure Saturday would be a good day for that, but, again, I'm pretty easygoing on planning.

Hope to see everyone there!