Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddled View Post
    I "technically" have everything I need. But in my noob haste to buy everything I didn't pay attention to weight. So I am expecting some lighter weight stuff. I just have to decide if I want to do this trip with heavy gear or not. I may need to put on my big boy underoos and go anyway. No pain no gain right lol. But thank you for asking.
    Hope you can make it. It's not a long hike from the parking area, heck we carried lawn chairs in last time. If you do end up short on gear, I have some spare stuff also.
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    I "technically" have everything I need. But in my noob haste to buy everything I didn't pay attention to weight. So I am expecting some lighter weight stuff. I just have to decide if I want to do this trip with heavy gear or not. I may need to put on my big boy underoos and go anyway. No pain no gain right lol. But thank you for asking.
    Don't forget that you're dealing with a bunch of junkies that probably have enough extra gear to outfit you 3 times each
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Unless your talking about a 60Lb AT walkthru type total pack weight, your going to be ok until your lighter gear comes in.

I took in ~30Lb pack last time I went to Hidden Pond during the "No Underquilts Hang" in July. It's a nice hike with some fun elevations in it. Not too bad, just rolling hills. Check out the trip reports for an idea.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Eh...don't sweat the weight. Unless you intend on doing the long hike in with me, you're going to go ~3.5 miles or so from the lot to the site. And it's not particularly tough terrain (given a normal day, I can make that in ~50 minutes or so, pushing about as hard as I would want to through that stretch of forest). And, should you really need it, I may have some stuff I can lend you. PM me if you want.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Wow, thanks folks, glad ya'll are there if I need it. Really means a lot. I will take your word for it about the weight and I will be there. This will be my first group hang, so go easy.
    Last edited by Riddled; 09-05-2013 at 03:44.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Wow, thanks folks, glad ya'll are there if I need it. Really means a lot. I will take your word for it about the weight and I will be there. This will be my first group hang, so go easy.
    Well, what're you looking at for weight, roughly? My "I wouldn't want to carry that" point for the distance and terrain for this trip is somewhere around 45-50 lbs, depending on the pack I was carrying it in. My ideal "this is what I'm shooting for" weight across that terrain would be around 15 lbs. If that gives you any idea of my comfort zone...
    --Floridahanger

I might be interested in this. I have to check with the wife, and I would most likely only be able to do Friday night and have to leave at the half day point on Saturday. I just have to get a few gear issues worked out.

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    I might be interested in this. I have to check with the wife, and I would most likely only be able to do Friday night and have to leave at the half day point on Saturday. I just have to get a few gear issues worked out.
    I will probably meet you on the trail. We (me and MightyMouse) will be hiking in at the Saturday 1/2 day point and leaving Sunday evening.
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    Hope to see you there! This should (storm-depending) be a fairly mild hang, as far as weather goes, if that helps in your gear guesstimations.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I will probably meet you on the trail. We (me and MightyMouse) will be hiking in at the Saturday 1/2 day point and leaving Sunday evening.
    Great! I'll see you two on Saturday, then.
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 3s Yeti/Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I am going to throw my name into the hat. Sorry I missed the last one. Cabin fever is what I have. I want to get out there sooner but the weather is just too hot! There must be a secret place in the state where the temperature never exceeds 75 degrees. But I think I am dreaming.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast