Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 623
  1. #241
    Senior Member Rolloff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leveland
    Hammock
    BIAS WW DH Freebird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    JRB SS HG Clone
    Suspension
    Whoopies Straps
    Posts
    1,652
    Can't have the low temps, might as well have the rain. Keen Dry and Tarp test!
    Signature suspended

  2. #242
    Senior Member rcam1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Indpls,IN
    Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    471
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    The extended forecast is for 8o's for the days and 50's at night. Hope they're wrong!
    Maybe I'm the weird one here but highs in the 80's and lows in the 50's sounds great to me for October

  3. #243

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    1,048
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by rcam1977 View Post
    Maybe I'm the weird one here but highs in the 80's and lows in the 50's sounds great to me for October
    Crazy talk!!!
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hammeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  4. #244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx FL
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    133
    if it gets cold no worries with my Storm Crow Ptarmigan under quilt and my new Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bag !

  5. #245
    Senior Member rcam1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Indpls,IN
    Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    471
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeHiker View Post
    Crazy talk!!!
    I'm not a big fan of the cold though, maybe one of these days when I can afford some down quilts I'll like it a little more

  6. #246
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoop/Dutch
    Posts
    3,887
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by rcam1977 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the cold though, maybe one of these days when I can afford some down quilts I'll like it a little more
    When you hang,,throw a poncho liner, or a fleece lightweight blanket of some type over your RL and use it for a sock type top cover..it will capture some heat and keep you somewhat warm..anything will work to some extent,,if you have a extra hammock,,hang it under your setup of the hammock/quilt your sleeping in,,for a UQP as basically that what it is,,it will give you a few more degrees of wamth..just a couple of comments that do work in the cold. Your Jarbidge UQ should give you nice warmth to 30 or so without any problems if you have it hung right. I have 3 myself that me and the wife use.

  7. #247

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    1,048
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by rcam1977 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the cold though, maybe one of these days when I can afford some down quilts I'll like it a little more
    I was of the same mind, until I got me some downy goodness. Now I love winter. I DIY-ed alot but eventually just saved up to buy the stuff I couldn't make. Totally worth it, ALL HAIL THE DEAD GOOSE!!!
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hammeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  8. #248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    if it gets cold no worries with my Storm Crow Ptarmigan under quilt and my new Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bag !
    Western Mountaineering? Whatcha got? I just purchased a Badger 15 degree earler this yyear. Wanted to take it down to some colder temps to see how it does. Hoping the almanac is lying too. . .

  9. #249
    Senior Member rcam1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Indpls,IN
    Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    471
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    When you hang,,throw a poncho liner, or a fleece lightweight blanket of some type over your RL and use it for a sock type top cover..it will capture some heat and keep you somewhat warm..anything will work to some extent,,if you have a extra hammock,,hang it under your setup of the hammock/quilt your sleeping in,,for a UQP as basically that what it is,,it will give you a few more degrees of wamth..just a couple of comments that do work in the cold. Your Jarbidge UQ should give you nice warmth to 30 or so without any problems if you have it hung right. I have 3 myself that me and the wife use.
    I had actually been thinking about using a extra hammock under my UQ but the poncho liner over the RL is a good idea as well

  10. #250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Posts
    604
    Ill start a thread on our winter outing one of these days . Last year we had 14 degrees and finally a couple of inches of snow . Mid January . Does anybody else do a winter get together ?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 147
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 15:06
  2. Hoosier Halloween hang 2014
    By cheff13 in forum Midwest
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 21:56
  3. Hoosier Halloween Hang
    By Lost_Biker in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 08:48
  4. When is the Hoosier Halloween Hang ?
    By Trailuser in forum Midwest
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:18
  5. 3rd Annual Hoosier Halloween Hang
    By Jerry ( the Hiker ) in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 315
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 10:23

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •