Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 155
  1. #71
    shrineclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    So. NH
    Hammock
    DHTBird, WBBB
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    Posts
    391
    Woo Hoo....

    And Go Sox!
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

  2. #72
    SkyPainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoneham, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Camo
    Insulation
    AHE: HG TQUQ: Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Posts
    2,995
    Images
    30
    ===> Okay - getting there! I will be bringing a +1 to the hang this weekend. My new Son-In-Law will be coming with me. I have a hammock set-up for him, he is a hammock virgin. He was in the process of enlisting in the National Guard when the Govmnt shut down, so he has to wait to get to the next steps in the process, and is still available and wants to try it. His head is shaved, but that is the Army.

    I updated the spreadsheet already.

    Now just to find the place! What time can we get there on Friday????

    ~ SkyPainter
    SkyPainter - "... and then the police came."

    All these years people said,"He's acting like a kid!"
    He did not know that he could not fly, and so, he DID!

    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

    "Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run! He hates that!"

    My outdoorsy YouTube channel is: "WMICommissioner"

  3. #73
    Senior Member sunshower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston area
    Hammock
    Dream, WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear, UGQ,
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    955

    Re: The Great Pumpkin Hang>Mt. Cardigan, NH<Oct 18-20

    4 days... Just sayin.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

    Harold Hang--->>> June 27-29th in Eastern MA

  4. #74
    R3l@x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Berkshires
    Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Reason~ View Post
    Ok, tell me if this works, I think I made a map.
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...rce=gplus-ogsb
    Works great! I did a google trip to Homeland cemetary coming in 91 to 104 and it's only 3 hours instead of closer to 4 coming up 93
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> Okay - getting there! I will be bringing a +1 to the hang this weekend. My new Son-In-Law will be coming with me. I have a hammock set-up for him, he is a hammock virgin. He was in the process of enlisting in the National Guard when the Govmnt shut down, so he has to wait to get to the next steps in the process, and is still available and wants to try it. His head is shaved, but that is the Army.

    I updated the spreadsheet already.

    Now just to find the place! What time can we get there on Friday????

    ~ SkyPainter
    Have him bring a warm hat
    John
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

  5. #75
    SkyPainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoneham, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Camo
    Insulation
    AHE: HG TQUQ: Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Posts
    2,995
    Images
    30

    The Great Pumpkin Hang>Mt. Cardigan, NH<Oct 18-20

    Quote Originally Posted by R3l@x View Post
    Works great! I did a google trip to Homeland cemetary coming in 91 to 104 and it's only 3 hours instead of closer to 4 coming up 93

    Have him bring a warm hat
    ===> LOL! You bet I will! Think I will take an extra Black Rock Beanie for him, too! I want him in The Guard, not home with pneumonia! Hehehe...Hope to see you there, John!

    ===> Chaaaz, AKA, SkyPainter
    SkyPainter - "... and then the police came."

    All these years people said,"He's acting like a kid!"
    He did not know that he could not fly, and so, he DID!

    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

    "Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run! He hates that!"

    My outdoorsy YouTube channel is: "WMICommissioner"

  6. #76
    ~Reason~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NH
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    UGQ 0 UQ
    Suspension
    amsteel mishmash
    Posts
    175
    I plan on getting there either Thursday night or Friday morning at about 11:00. You can come any time. It is, after all, just a big hunk of forest, so it's not like we lock up at night. :-)
    ~ʎpuıɔ~
    If you teach a child to reason they'll think for a lifetime.
    Trip report of this years Great Pumpkin Hang, 2014, Cardigan Mt, NH. We had so much fun, we're doing it again! AlexandriaLand Hang&Hike Nov-7-11

  7. #77
    ~Reason~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NH
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    UGQ 0 UQ
    Suspension
    amsteel mishmash
    Posts
    175
    One thing, if you would like to contribute to the campfire, please consider contributing elbow grease rather than wood.

    We are in danger from several invasive species up there. The emerald ash borer has made it as far north as Concord.

    We have a ton of wood on the ground, seasoned but not cut up that the loggers didn't take out. We would much rather use that than risk helping a beetle hitch a ride to eat our trees.

    Eliot will be bringing his chainsaw and a splitting axe.
    ~ʎpuıɔ~
    If you teach a child to reason they'll think for a lifetime.
    Trip report of this years Great Pumpkin Hang, 2014, Cardigan Mt, NH. We had so much fun, we're doing it again! AlexandriaLand Hang&Hike Nov-7-11

  8. #78
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY,WBBB Clone,ENO,GTUL
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,508
    Images
    44

    The Great Pumpkin Hang>Mt. Cardigan, NH<Oct 18-20

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Reason~ View Post
    One thing, if you would like to contribute to the campfire, please consider contributing elbow grease rather than wood.

    We are in danger from several invasive species up there. The emerald ash borer has made it as far north as Concord.

    We have a ton of wood on the ground, seasoned but not cut up that the loggers didn't take out. We would much rather use that than risk helping a beetle hitch a ride to eat our trees.

    Eliot will be bringing his chainsaw and a splitting axe.
    Yes, but will there be anyone there in a kilt to use that chainsaw?!

  9. #79
    Senior Member sunshower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston area
    Hammock
    Dream, WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear, UGQ,
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    955

    Re: The Great Pumpkin Hang>Mt. Cardigan, NH<Oct 18-20

    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Yes, but will there be anyone there in a kilt to use that chainsaw?!
    I don't know, will you be there?
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

    Harold Hang--->>> June 27-29th in Eastern MA

  10. #80
    Senior Member gogrillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Shelton, Ct
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark
    Insulation
    Z-liner
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    277
    Images
    5
    BYOB, or is this a dry event? Also how far is it to the nearest market/supplies? I may be traveling up on motorcycle and will need to stop for a sixer and food.

Similar Threads

  1. VIDEO: 2014 NEHHA Great Pumpkin Hang
    By 1960HikerDude in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 00:07
  2. NH > NEHHA/Great Pumpkin Hang planning thread.
    By Nighthauk in forum Northeast
    Replies: 385
    Last Post: 10-26-2014, 20:55
  3. Great Pumpkin Hang, Mt. Cardigan, NH
    By SkyPainter in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 23:31
  4. Stoic Hadron 850FP Down Cardigan.
    By bigfoot2 in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 12:57
  5. The Great Pumpkin Quilt
    By jeffjenn in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 18:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •