DIY! Hot pink
    Tarp
    DIY! hex tarp
    Insulation
    Heet seeker
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Perks of filling your UQ?

What would be the best advantages to filling your own shell for an UQ?

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    cost + the satisfaction of knowing you helped make it.
    -Jon-

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I bought an topquilt shell from http://underquilts.com/ last winter and filled it with down from wilderness logics. All in all, I probably saved around 100 $ over buying one from a vendor. If you use fronkys method of stuffing down, and buy it from wilderness logics (comes in 1 oz or .5 oz static free packages--the only sane way to fill down in my opinion--the guys that pick down out of pillows or buy it in bulk are just plain crazy--or enjoy a challange! ), its not a bad job, just takes a while. All in all, it worked out ok for me. I got a nice winter bag for a good price. Is it better than a burrow from hammock gear?----nope..........Adams quilts are a work of art, and slightly lighter---but when all is said and done, it gets the job done! The only drawback I can see, is that a vendor built quilt would be alot easier to resell and would probably get a better price than a homebuilt one. Hope that helps! (FYI wilderness logics has the best down prices Ive ever seen, come in those nifty little packages, and are greatpeople to deal with!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

You can buy down from UnderGroundQuilts now, and they will package it in convenient sizes so that each pack fills one tube in the quilt, makes the job almost fool proof and feather free. Doing the fill and finish yourself should be a good way to go, and save a pretty good bit of change.

Hammock
    DIY! Hot pink
    Tarp
    DIY! hex tarp
    Insulation
    Heet seeker
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    I am going to go with that underquilt website because I like the options they had on for their shells, I am also going to get my goose down from the Wilderness Logic because I like the way they are going to package it. I was wondering how long you have been using your underquilt??

Hammock
    DIY! Hot pink
    Tarp
    DIY! hex tarp
    Insulation
    Heet seeker
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    That did help a ton! Thank you very much that made a lot of things more clear.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Azura View Post
    I am going to go with that underquilt website because I like the options they had on for their shells, I am also going to get my goose down from the Wilderness Logic because I like the way they are going to package it. I was wondering how long you have been using your underquilt??
    I bought a TQ right after underquilts.com opened (one of the first customers!) Feb of this year? I've used it quite a bit this spring. Be sure to look up Fronkys method of stuffing down---some where on hammock forums hes gota video----have fun!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts