Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Easiest to do would be to splice a loop of amsteel to the buckle, and then larkshead onto end of hammock or larkshead thru the hemmed end of hammock.
    But instead of a biner around the tree have a dee ring installed,allways there and you dont have to worry about dropping or losing the biner

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Sweet set up Saedy! Bummer that the tree is just big enough around that the printing ended up in the middle of the dee ring. Need to find smaller trees The dee ring is a good idea. Keeps the strap from getting squeezed at the loop and looks clean too.
    Looks good!
    That is a sweet setup and you know it, i think the dee ring will help extend the life of the strap and is very light.
    is it possable to get an oversized dee ring , one big enough to pass the whole setup thru,cinck buckle and all?
    The strap did stay very neat thru the dee ring, i like it

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    straps and whoopi
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Set of 10' Camo tree straps and 6" Lock&Load Quickdraws with black cinch buckles getting ready to go out in tomorrows mail.
    Sorry, cant tell you who the lucky dog is.

Its a very nice set, however I still like my neon green with red diamond stitching better..........btw..... where did the carabiners come from?

So I'm the one who ordered that set of 10' Camo tree straps and 6" Lock&Load Quickdraws with black cinch buckles from Readystrap last week, and they came in the mail today.

I noticed in another post that Gary mentioned black buckles, and I thought those would look nice and stealthy on Camo. I have a Hennessy Expedition which was due for a suspension upgrade. I get the rope thing, but it just wasn't working for me. I considered whoopies, but saw somewhere that they increase the necessary distance from tree to tree. These straps looked like just the deal, and could attach easily to the hammock's ends, which are looped straps which the rope suspension is tied to:

So I did a quick test: At a leasurly pace, set up the hammock first with the stock suspension, then with the Readystrap suspension, building in an 'adjustment'.

Starting the timer with the hammock stuffed in a compression sack, and the necessary tree attachments in a seperate bag,

I started with the original rope setup. Working at a leasurly pace, I took the Hennessy straps, attached them to the tree, strung the hammock across to the other side, attached, adjusted, then did the Hennessy hitch. I unzipped the hammock, got situated, zipped up, and then waited a couple seconds. I got out and performed the 'adjustment', as though one end was too high, got back in, zipped up, and stopped the timer.

With the stock suspension, I was able to get the hammock up in 8 minutes, 30 seconds. I'm no speed demon, but I wasn't rushing either.

Next, I swapped out the stock suspension for the Lock & Load Quickdraws. One end was attached with a carabiner, while I larksheaded the other side.
    (If I were to order these again for this application, I personally would get the Quickdraw made just a little longer, with a larger loop end for more wiggle room when making the larks head. Nevertheless, it worked pretty well.)

Then I stuffed everything back into the compression sack, threw the tree straps into the bag, and started fresh. Having never used straps before, I was able to get the hammock up in 4 minutes, 45 seconds. Same routine: Leasurely pace , set up, get in, pause, get out, adjust, get in, done. SOOO much easier with these straps!

Packing up wasn't timed, but it was clearly easier than having to deal with the rope, and seemed faster. The rope could bring water to the hammocks in the rain, but I'm guessing the buckle and leftover hanging strap will divert water away. The straps are well made, and the stitching is robust. I would definitely recommend products from Readystrap.
    The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail.
    - Gustaf Lindborg

The suspense is thrilling me!

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Thanks for the great review Zim. And might I add that if you leave the quickdraws attached to your hammock, you can probably set it up in two minutes or less.
    I leave mine attached and roll my hammock up like a blanket when packing it. Then when I hang it I just put up two tree straps, grab my hammock and thread one tree strap thru the cinch buckle on top. Then walk over to the next tree and thread that strap thru the other cinch buckle. Adjust the height of that end, go over to the other end and adjust the height of that one, then jump in.
    I have been known to decide to sleep i n my hammock out in the back yard at 10 oclock at night and be laying in it by 10:05.

Already happened. The second setup was done in just over 2 minutes. ****, they're fast. Both Quickdraws are larksheaded to the hammock now.
    The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail.
    - Gustaf Lindborg

The suspense is thrilling me!

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    These look thinner and less bulky than my polypro straps. May be time to convert
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper XL DIY Bugnet
    Tarp
    Camo poly
    Insulation
    Blue ccf
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    How does this system work?

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp