Hammock
    Dutch 11ft 1.6 Argon
    Tarp
    Diy 12x10 Silpoly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S UQ
    Suspension
    Diy Whoopies
    Ah, alright. See im thinking instead of buried loops that I would do something like the OP did in this thread and hang my hammock from 2 UCRs setup like he does

. I like to hang the tarp above the ridge line, for several reason, but mainly because I like to hang things under the tarp from the SLS (Think, shoes, lights, ect) To attach the tarp I will use 2 prussiks with a biner on them to clip to the loops on the tarp.

I think you are right with the Rap rings. I ordered them thinking they would work well because I have used them as a cinch buckle before, but it was with a much large rope that wasn't hollow braid either.

Im thinking about a large double sided stuff sack to store both the tarp and and the hammock and the SLS. I would wrap the hammock in the inside of the tarp then fold it over and stuff it in, thus keeping it clean and easy to pull out and clip on all in 1 run. But I do understand that keeping both in 1 bag is not some peoples cup of tea, I however dont mind it, I just need to find the right sized stuff sack.

Your setup in those last 2 pics looks really nice, I especially like the porch mode of your tarp, always nice to have an area open but covered like that. Looks like you have yours setup to your liking which is all that matters. I however am a picky person and like to have things fit just a certain way, haha . Problem being is that I never know what that way is until I find it. :P You're certainly helping with that though.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Enjoying this discussion. Always like seeing other peoples ideas and perspectives. Will be starting on my next version soon and will post it. Probably won't be the last though unless it comes in at < an ounce and is self deploying.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft 1.6 Argon
    Tarp
    Diy 12x10 Silpoly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S UQ
    Suspension
    Diy Whoopies
    Same here. After looking around this forums for weeks I found I liked a lot of the ideas but many seem to have already been replaced by better ideas making it hard to find what people are using now, instead of what people were using 2 years ago. Any way, I have ordered everything I need to test out a few different suspension systems, most of which will be single Line Suspensions. It looks like its gonna be a few days before I get it all though so in the mean time I get to think about ways of making my current ideas better.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    That's how I go to sleep in my hommock every night.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft 1.6 Argon
    Tarp
    Diy 12x10 Silpoly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S UQ
    Suspension
    Diy Whoopies
    lucky.... Thats all I have to say.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Rings and amsteel work fine as terminators. The problem I think folks were referring to was using them as as ring buckles where there is concern about the way it is crushed by the clamping action.

The flatter you get the ridge line the higher the higher the loads - it goes exponential with infinity load at 0 degree sag. Cranking the line flat then sitting in the hammock sets up some very high forces on the line and the trees.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft 1.6 Argon
    Tarp
    Diy 12x10 Silpoly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S UQ
    Suspension
    Diy Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Rings and amsteel work fine as terminators. The problem I think folks were referring to was using them as as ring buckles where there is concern about the way it is crushed by the clamping action.

The flatter you get the ridge line the higher the higher the loads - it goes exponential with infinity load at 0 degree sag. Cranking the line flat then sitting in the hammock sets up some very high forces on the line and the trees.
    What do you mean as a terminator? Can you enlighten me on this.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123