Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    16,212
    Images
    62

    Thumbs up Video:The Enchanted Hammock & Stove Trifecta

    Whoooo Buddy Ya'll! So I finally got around to a new video ... been putting out the Unicycle videos lately and my backpacking watchers have been getting restless!
    Putting this one here as there is Hammock as well as stoves on it.

    Mods .. place where you want.......

    I was relaxing in my Warbonnet BlackBird Hammock in my 68 studio and some strange magic happened..... Weird .... odd .... freaky .....dorky....
    Burned the MiniBullDesign Mini-Sith, Bios 2 and the SnowPeak Gigapower canister stove to get some times with different pot sizes. Looking to use the Mini-Sith with 5 1/2 inch and larger pots. It is a terrific stove!
    Lotsa goofy on here ......
    Hope you can tolerate me!
    All Secure in Sector Seven,
    Shug
    The Enchanted Hammock and Stove Trifecta

    Last edited by headchange4u; 03-28-2009 at 11:00. Reason: Embed vid.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mountainside, NJ
    Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Posts
    1,513
    Images
    11
    Can't wait to get home to watch this! Good to know Sector Seven is still well secured. Just gives me a happy, warm, fuzzy feeling.

  3. #3
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Another great video, and what an awesome collection of stoves!

    I see you finally have "The Thing." What kind of boil times do you get with yours?

    I need to play with my stoves this weekend. Still haven't fired up the atomic or the bushwacker, and I've had them each for a month or more.

  4. #4
    Senior Member guySmiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Posts
    374
    Images
    14
    I'll watch this from my hammock, the moment I'm no longer chained to a computer in a veal pen (Cube farm).

  5. #5
    Senior Member ky chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Posts
    160
    Thanks for another great video Shug. You remind me so much of the late great Jim Varney. I grew up watching him and his multiple characters. I was lucky enough to work with his sister for a few years and got to hear her stories about him. When he passed she gave me a picture of him dressed as his character "Billy Boogie" that he had had in his house which I now have in my hobby room. Are you family with him?

    ky chris
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

  6. #6
    Senior Member mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Hammock
    Claytor Jungle/ WBBB
    Tarp
    3x4 rain fly
    Insulation
    Segmented pad/bag
    Suspension
    whoopi slings
    Posts
    148
    Images
    30
    I just love your video's! Thanks for the reviews of the stoves. You know, if we all showed up at your place, you would have enough stoves to cook for us all On a side note, what camera do you use on your outdoor hikes? Anyway, thanks for the laughs!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Walking Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairbury NE
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Posts
    856
    Great to see a hot video on a cold windy day.

  8. #8
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    16,212
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Can't wait to get home to watch this! Good to know Sector Seven is still well secured. Just gives me a happy, warm, fuzzy feeling.
    That is a heart-warming comment ..... All secure in the 7...

    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Another great video, and what an awesome collection of stoves!
    I see you finally have "The Thing." What kind of boil times do you get with yours?
    :
    I am going to join my wife by the firepit now for a cigar and a cocoa ... i will use the "Thing" and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    I'll watch this from my hammock, the moment I'm no longer chained to a computer in a veal pen (Cube farm).
    Live ... from the hammock. High-tech.

    Quote Originally Posted by ky chris View Post
    Thanks for another great video Shug. You remind me so much of the late great Jim Varney. I grew up watching him and his multiple characters. I was lucky enough to work with his sister for a few years and got to hear her stories about him. When he passed she gave me a picture of him dressed as his character "Billy Boogie" that he had had in his house which I now have in my hobby room. Are you family with him?
    ky chris
    Cool story ... we may be related???!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch View Post
    I just love your video's! Thanks for the reviews of the stoves. You know, if we all showed up at your place, you would have enough stoves to cook for us all On a side note, what camera do you use on your outdoor hikes? Anyway, thanks for the laughs!
    Thanks and I could. I use a Olympus Stylus sr80 digital camera on backpack trips and often my Canon video camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Great to see a hot video on a cold windy day.
    Great comment!! Thankee there in NH.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  9. #9
    Said it before, and again, truly enjoy your antics and vid's, I can see a bit of Jim Varney in there.

    "What kinda accent am I using? " Don't know who I was looking at with the black hair and horned rim glasses but all I could hear was a really good "Miss Doubtfire" in the kitchen.

    really good stuff

    tom morgan

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Ks
    Posts
    657
    Images
    14
    Awesome! I have been looking at minibulldesigns lately...those boil times are great, and it was nice to see both stoves in action. The tip about priming the bios2 before filling came from experience, right?

Similar Threads

  1. Trifecta of anticipation
    By Algonz in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 18:23
  2. Trifecta!!!
    By Trailblazer007 in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 14:21
  3. Enchanted Rock (Texas) Questions
    By Corncob in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 09:31

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •