Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Alright I think I understand .... so from what I understand is the cinch buckle is attached to a continuos loop of amsteel basically (wrapped on their some other way other then larks head) if that's right what I just said. Wouldn't the buckle end up being like side ways if I just passed the continuos loop threw my end channel and larks headed the buckle with the continuos loop onto my hammock directly, wouldn't that leave the buckle turned side ways?

If im not making since I'm sorry I'm really tiered ATM and ill correct my self tomorrow lol
    I think I get what your concern is, Im tired too so this might get interesting . If the loop isn't already attached to the buckle and you have a hammock with a sewn in end channel.....The way I do it is to form a prusik on the buckle with the continuous loop. Use as many "wraps" on the prusik that it takes to fill the width of the buckle with cord. This will keep the cord from slipping into the corner of the buckle. Take the free end of the loop, feed it through your hammock's end channel and then pass the end with the buckle through the loop coming out of your end channel. Pull tight forming a larks head. I can take pictures if it'll help.
    Last edited by robv60; 09-05-2013 at 23:58.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by robv60 View Post
    I think I get what your concern is, Im tired too so this might get interesting . If the loop isn't already attached to the buckle and you have a hammock with a sewn in end channel.....The way I do it is to form a prusik on the buckle with the continuous loop. Use as many "wraps" on the prusik that it takes to fill the width of the buckle with cord. This will keep the cord from slipping into the corner of the buckle. Take the free end of the loop, feed it through your hammock's end channel and then pass the end with the buckle through the loop coming out of your end channel. Pull tight forming a larks head. I can take pictures if it'll help.
    Oh well that makes since! I don't have to do it because Dutch sent me cinch buckels with the amsteel already on them
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Oh well that makes since! I don't have to do it because Dutch sent me cinch buckels with the amsteel already on them
    Awesome! His way is different than how i do it. I like his way better and will probably try it if i ever start splicing.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by robv60 View Post
    Awesome! His way is different than how i do it. I like his way better and will probably try it if i ever start splicing.
    Is their a reason you like his method better?
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Is their a reason you like his method better?
    Well, let me say first that I have never tried his method of splicing the amsteel onto the buckle. So when I say I like his method better its not based off of actual use so its pure speculation on my part. His way of doing it just seems like it would be more stable/stronger somehow. That being said I've never had any issues with the way I do it either. I dont think you can really go wrong with either method. I think if you can splice, use his method or if youre splicing-challenged like myself just buy some from Dutch. If you have some buckles lying around you want to use, order some loops, wrap them onto the buckle and go hang. When I bought my buckles, no one at the time was selling them with loops attached so I bought my buckles and loops separately and thus ended up with my setup. If I ever need to get more Ill go with Dutch's.

Take a gander at Dutch's thread here:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...e+cinch+buckle

He does his like in the first picture whereas I have mine done like the second picture (sans the rings).

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    12'x12'
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Strps cinch buckle
    I use a continuous loop and larkshead it onto the buckle. I take a couple extra turns to fill it up space. Never had an issue with them in two years of use.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12